|Elevation||482 ft (147 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||437571|
An early variant name of the community was called Erin. Erin had its start in 1815. A post office called Lamb was established in 1882, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1907.
Lamb is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2016-08-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Lamb, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 10, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "USGS detail on Lamb - Variant Citation". Retrieved 2016-08-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Cottman, George Streibe (1916). Indiana Magazine of History. p. 153.
- "Switzerland County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 December 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)