Lake Park High School
Lake Park High School is a four-year public high school occupying two campuses, both located in Roselle, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago. Freshmen and sophomores attend the East Campus (the original campus built in 1956), located near Medinah and juniors and seniors attend the West Campus. It is part of the Lake Park Community High School District 108. Students from Roselle, Medinah, Bloomingdale, Itasca, Wood Dale, Keeneyville, and Hanover Park attend the school.
|Lake Park High School|
|Coordinates||East Campus: Coordinates: |
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Lake Park Community High School District 108|
|Faculty||153.1 (on an FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||2,600 (as of 2016–17)|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.98:1|
|Color(s)|| Navy Blue|
Illinois High School Association
|Accreditation||Illinois State Board of Education|
The name "Lake Park" is derived from the campuses being between "Lake" Street and Irving "Park" Road. The citizens of northwestern DuPage County, Illinois founded Lake Park High School District 108 in 1953, and the doors opened at what is now East Campus, 600 South Medinah Road, Roselle, in September 1956 to 320 students. In less than twenty years, the number of students had increased substantially and West Campus was built in 1975. The east campus borders the Medinah Country Club
- Cross country
- Swim & Dive
- Cross Country
- Swim & Dive
Lake Park has an exchange program with Helene-Lange-Gymnasium in Hamburg, Germany, allowing students to experience each other's culture and lifestyle.
- Lindsay Flanagan, class of 2009, professional long distance runner and silver medalist at the 2015 Pan American Games
- Mark Gorski (born 1960, class of 1978), Olympic gold medalist (track cycling Individual sprint, 1984 Summer Olympics)
- Keith Hackney (born 1958, class of 1976), mixed martial arts fighter.
- Scott Kellar (born 1963, class of 1982, football player
- Glenn Kotche (born 1970, class of 1989), drummer for the band Wilco, Grammy Award winner (2005)
- Camden Murphy, NASCAR and Monster Jam driver
- Diane Pappas, Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives
- Tony Randazzo (born 1965, class of 1983), MLB umpire
- Duncan Rouleau, 1982, comic book writer and artist
- Don Schulze, 1980, Major League Baseball player (Chicago Cubs, Cleveland Indians, Japan League)
- Rodney A. Smolla (class of 1971), Dean of the Widener University School of Law
- Robert Shallcross, 1976, screenwriter and director of movies such as "Uncle Nino" (2003) "Bored Silly" (2000) and writer "Little Giants" (1994)
- Sarah Zelenka, 2005, rower at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Zach Ziemek, 2011, decathlete at the 2015 World Championships in Athletics
- School data for Lake Park High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 5, 2019.
- http://www.lphs.org/about/facts/ Archived December 6, 2010, at the Wayback Machine,
- "Home". Lplancettes.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "School Directory". ihsa.org. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- McDill, Kent via United Press International. "Mark Gorski Is a Big Wheel in This Sport", Los Angeles Times, July 10, 1988. Accessed November 1, 2017. "Gorski has not yet received an invitation to his 10-year high school reunion at Lake Park High School in suburban Roselle, Ill., because the reunion committee has no current address for him. If Gorski makes the Olympic team, he'll miss the reunion anyway."
- Homer, Jody. "New Life, Old Name At NIU; Latest Kellar Leads Defense", Chicago Tribune, September 6, 1985. Accessed November 1, 2017. "Scott has put on 35 pounds since graduating from Lake Park High School in west suburban Roselle."
- Kotche, Glenn, A Beat a Week: A Total Percussion Approach to Playing the Drums, p. 93. Alfred Music, 2013. ISBN 9781470616045. Accessed November 1, 2017. "A check pattern is something I learned to do first in the Lake Park High School marching band drum line. with my fantastic high school drum teacher, Mike Chiodo and, later, with Bret Kuhn in The Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps snare line."
- Musick, Tom. "Chicago remains a respected racing proving ground". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved June 1, 2019.
- "Your ballot explained". www.ballotready.org.
- Staff. "Roselle umpire Tony Randazzo named to World Series crew", Daily Herald (Arlington Heights), October 25, 2016. Accessed November 1, 2017. "Lake Park High School grad Tony Randazzo, who has spent 17 years as an umpire in Major League Baseball, will be part of the officiating crew for the World Series with the Cleveland Indians and Chicago Cubs."
- "Duncan Rouleau". Masters of Comic Book Art. Archived from the original on July 14, 2011. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Duncan Rouleau Does the Heavy Lifting on "Metal Men"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Don Schulze Statistics". Baseball-reference.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Rodney A. Smolla, Widener University School of Law. Accessed November 1, 2017. "Lake Park High School Distinguished Alumni Award, 1995 "
- "Sarah Zelenka". usrowing.org. Archived from the original on July 29, 2012. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- uwbadgers.com https://web.archive.org/web/20150920212612/http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-track/mtt/zach_ziemek_786737.html. Archived from the original on September 20, 2015. Retrieved September 15, 2015. Missing or empty