|Minister without Portfolio|
for the development of towns with county rights
2 October 2017 – 18 May 2018
|Prime Minister||Viktor Orbán|
|Leader of the Fidesz parliamentary group|
1 October 2015 – 1 October 2017
|Preceded by||Antal Rogán|
|Succeeded by||Gergely Gulyás|
|Mayor of Debrecen|
18 October 1998 – 12 October 2014
|Preceded by||József Hevessy|
|Succeeded by||László Papp|
|Member of the National Assembly|
|Assumed office |
2 May 1990
|First Vice-President of the Fidesz party|
13 May 2010 – 13 December 2015
|Born||14 March 1964|
Kósa was appointed one of the four Vice Presidents of the party in 2007, alongside Ildikó Pelczné Gáll, Zoltán Pokorni and Mihály Varga. He also secured an individual mandate during the parliamentary election in 2010. He retained his membership of the Local Government and Urban Development Committee. He was nominated First or Managing Vice President of Fidesz, after Party President Viktor Orbán was appointed Prime Minister of Hungary on 14 May 2010.
He was appointed leader of the Fidesz parliamentary group on 1 October 2015. He became minister without portfolio responsible for the Modern Cities Program on 2 October 2017, holding the position until 18 May 2018.
He is married. His wife is Gyöngyi Porkoláb. They have four children - three daughters, Anna, Eszter and Lilla and a son, Levente
- Overtime law, known as the "slave law"
- "Biography" (PDF). Országgyűlés.
- "Register". Országgyűlés.
- "Kósa Lajos hibátlanul letette az esküt!". Index.hu. 2 October 2017. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-03-14. Retrieved 2018-03-14.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Bence, Horváth. "Kósa Lajos: Valósnak tűntek az iratok, de németül voltak - 444".
- "Another day, another Fidesz corruption scandal -- Lajos Kósa and the mysterious 4.35 billion euros". 13 March 2018.
- Kft., New Wave Media Group. "Kósa Lajos vagyonnyilatkozata - 2003. február".
- Kósa Lajos életrajza a Fidesz honlapján
- Kósa Lajos országgyűlési adatlapja
- Kósa Lajos Debrecen hivatalos honlapján
- Kósa Lajos: Nem a piszoárt kéne méricskélni! - Interview in the Index.hu website (March 30, 2010)
| Mayor of Debrecen
|National Assembly of Hungary|
| Leader of the Fidesz parliamentary group