Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Lady Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne Armstrong-Jones (born 14 May 2002) is the only daughter and youngest child of the Earl and Countess of Snowdon. She is the only granddaughter of Princess Margaret and the first of three granddaughters of the 1st Earl of Snowdon. She is currently twenty-first in the line of succession to the British throne, after her father and brother.
|Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones|
14 May 2002 |
Portland Hospital, London, England
|Known for||Great-niece of Queen Elizabeth II, granddaughter of Princess Margaret|
|Relatives||Charles Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley (brother)|
Lady Margarita was born in 14 May 2002 at The Portland Hospital for Women and Children in London, and is 21st in the line of succession to the British throne. She is named after her paternal grandmother, Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, and her great-grandmother Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, both of whom died shortly before her birth. Rose was, according to her father in an interview with Majesty Magazine, selected by her brother Charles. Alleyne is also one of her mother's middle names. Her godparents are her aunt Lady Sarah Chatto and William Stanhope, Viscount Petersham, her maternal uncle.
In September 2006, according to a 25 December 2006 article in the Daily Telegraph, "Margarita was photographed sitting on the luggage rack of her father's bicycle in rush hour traffic." The photograph provoked complaints from advocates of traffic safety.
At age 14, she attended her first society fashion show at the Dior Cruise show at Blenheim Palace. She and cousin and classmate Eloise Taylor, daughter of Lady Helen Taylor, modelled for the first time in a fashion show in aid of Kids Company, organised by Chelsea Ballet Schools.
|Ancestors of Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones|
- Pierce, Andrew (2002). "Margarita makes her debut". The Times. London , England. Retrieved 3 January 2007.
- Bloks, Moniek (15 January 2017). "Meet the new Earl of Snowdon". Royal Central. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- Davies, Caroline (26 December 2006). "Margarita Swings In To Steal Sandringham Show". The Daily Telegraph. UK. Retrieved 28 December 2006.
- Marsh, Stephanie (29 April 2011). "The bridesmaids and pageboys: it was their big day too". The Times. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- Mountford, Jane (1 June 2016). "Dior Cruise 17 Collection Video And Attendees: The Weeknd, Kiernan Shipka, Lady Kitty Spencer". Fashion Times. Archived from the original on 20 February 2017. Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Fashion Show in Aid of Kids Company". Bystander. Tatler Magazine (UK). Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Wendy Challen: 'I don't want programmed robots - I want children with a zest for life'". The Daily Telegraph. 21 June 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2017.