Labs Ko Si Babe (International title: I Love My Babe) is a Philippine romantic-comedy drama television series aired in the primetime block of ABS-CBN. It aired from July 26, 1999, to November 10, 2000 replacing Esperanza and was replaced by Pangako Sa 'Yo. It was also broadcast on The Filipino Channel from November 1, 1999 to February 23, 2001. The program is one of the longest running series in the Philippines and is also known the first romantic comedy series in Philippine television.
|Labs Ko Si Babe|
|Opening theme||"I Love You Babe" by Jolina Magdangal/Richard Marten, Jeffrey Hidalgo and Bojo Molina|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||338|
|Executive producer||Annaliza Goma|
|Running time||27–30 minutes|
|Production company||Star Creatives|
|Original release||July 26, 1999 –|
November 10, 2000
The series was headlined by Jolina Magdangal and Marvin Agustin and was supported by an ensemble cast including Gloria Romero, Gina Pareño, Johnny Delgado, Princess Punzalan, Jaclyn Jose, Bembol Roco, Zsa Zsa Padilla and Willie Revillame.
After a month of the series premiering, it had a movie adaption called Hey Babe! released on August 25, 1999, produced by Star Cinema. The film was directed by Joyce Bernal.
In the town of San Clemente, the lives of four families intertwined bringing drama and a bit of comedy. Auring (Gloria Romero) and Felipa (Gina Pareño), the matriarch of their respective families, were the best of friends before becoming mortal enemies when Auring lost a sweepstakes ticket handed over her by Felipa for safekeeping; Felipa believes the ticket has won in the lottery. The conflict got bigger that their families started to become part of it, and that the romance developing in Cindy (Jolina Magdangal), daughter of Lupe (Princess Punzalan) and Kit (Johnny Delgado) and granddaughter of Auring, and Wally (Marvin Agustin), son of Viola (Carmi Martin) and Rocky (Bembol Roco) and grandson of Felipa, are caught in the cross-fire. Meanwhile, Miguel (Onemig Bondoc), who came from Italy, entered the picture and became friends with Cindy that made Wally got jealous. However, Miguel's stepmother Elena (Jaclyn Jose), known to have bad reputation, caused even more problems in the story between the Auring and Felipa families. To help bring peace in the town of San Clemente is the Mayor, Diwata or Mayor Di (Zsa Zsa Padilla), who always stand in between the fights of the families. Mayor Di chose to remain single after a dark past, but is living with her nephew Jobert (Bernard Palanca) and also the new welcome of the Barangay Captain in San Clemente Jonathan (Willie Revillame).
Cast and charactersEdit
- Jolina Magdangal as Cinderella "Cindy" Angeles
- Marvin Agustin as Wally Escallon
- Gloria Romero as Aurora "Auring" Mabuenas
- Gina Pareño as Felipa Escallon
- Johnny Delgado as Paquito "Kit" Angeles
- Princess Punzalan as Guadalupe "Lupe" Mabuenas-Angeles
- Jaclyn Jose as Elena Deogracia
- Bembol Roco as Silvestre "Rocky" Escallon
- Carmi Martin as Viola Pagsisihan-Escallon
- Zsa Zsa Padilla as Mayor Diwata Royales
- Onemig Bondoc as Miguel Deogracia
- Bernard Palanca as Jobert Royales
- Cheska Garcia as Gayle Deogracia
- Edgar Mortiz
- Edu Manzano as Alvin
- Dominic Ochoa as Ulysses Angeles
- Jiro Manio as Miko Escallon
- Kristopher Peralta as Tato Escallon
- Moreen Guese as Pie Angeles
- Gino Santos as Jimboy Escallon
- Roldan Aquino as Duke Deogracia
- Tanya Garcia as Alicia
- Audrey Vizcara
- Ian Galliguez as Duday
- Willie Revillame as Barangay Captain Jonathan Royales
- ^ "18 longest running ABS-CBN teleseryes". pep.ph. Retrieved February 8, 2019.