Amazon Lab126(Redirected from Lab126)
|Headquarters||1100 Enterprise Way, Sunnyvale, California 94089, United States|
|Gregg Zehr President|
Number of employees
Amazon Lab126 (sometimes known as Lab126) is a research and development and computer hardware company founded in 2004 by Gregg Zehr, based in Sunnyvale, California, and is owned by Amazon.com. It is widely known for developing Amazon's Kindle line of e-readers and tablets. It is based in Sunnyvale, California and is headed by Gregg Zehr. Zehr was previously the Vice President of Hardware Engineering at Palm.
In 2015, Lab126 released the Amazon Echo, a voice command device. In 2016, it released the Echo Dot, which is hockey puck sized version of the Echo and the Amazon Tap, a smaller, portable version of the Echo.
- "Contact Lab126 - Sunnyvale, CA". Lab126. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Lab126 Designs and Engineers Hand-held Consumer Electronics in Sunnyvale, CA". Amazon Lab216. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- "Amazon research unit Lab 126 agrees to big lease that could bring Sunnyvale 2,600 new workers". Retrieved 2016-08-21.
- "Following Fire Phone Flop, Big Changes At Amazon's Lab126". Fast Company.
- Catherine Shu. "Amazon's R&D Group Lab126 Embarks On Hiring Spree As Kindle Business Expands". TechCrunch. AOL.
- "Amazon Kindle Product Page". Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- "Amazon Grows A Startup In Cupertino". Archived from the original on July 22, 2011. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- "Work with Us § Our Story". Amazon Lab126. Retrieved 30 October 2016.
- Amazon preparing 'up to six' new Kindle Fire tablets 23 July 2012
- Molen, Brad. "Live from Amazon's phone announcement in Seattle!". Engadget.com. Retrieved 2014-06-18.