La esposa virgen
|La esposa virgen|
|Created by||Liliana Abud|
|Based on||Caridad Bravo Adams|
|Written by||Liliana Abud|
Jorge Lozano Soriano
Juan Carlos Tejeda
|Directed by||Miguel Córcega|
Jorge Edgar Ramirez
|Opening theme||Qué voy a hacer con mi amor by Alejandro Fernández|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||69|
|Executive producer(s)||Salvador Mejía Alejandre|
Televisa San Ángel
Mexico City, Mexico
San Francisco de los Arenales, Mexico
|Running time||41-44 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||July 18 –|
October 21, 2005
|Preceded by||La madrastra|
|Related shows||Tormenta de pasiones (1965)|
On Monday, July 18, 2005, Canal de las Estrellas started broadcasting La esposa virgen weekdays at 9:00pm, replacing La madrastra. The last episode was broadcast on Friday, October 21, 2005 with Alborada replacing it on Monday, October 24, 2005.
Adela Noriega, Jorge Salinas and Sergio Sendel starred as protagonists, while Lilia Aragón, Arleth Terán and Roberto Ballesteros starred as antagonists, with César Évora, Natalia Esperón, Otto Sirgo, Delia Casanova, Luis Bayardo, Eugenio Cobo and Alejandro Ruiz starred as the Stellar performances and Ignacio López Tarso and Alma Muriel starred as special participations.
Shortly before his death, general Francisco Ortiz marries Virginia and appoints her as his sole heiress. When Virginia and her younger brother Diego arrive to the town of San Francisco de los Arenales to bury the general, accompanied with the nephew of captain Fernando Ortiz, who despises Virginia, believing that she is a gold-digger who married her uncle for his fortune.
The only person that receives Virginia politely in the town is the municipal President, Dr. José Guadalupe Cruz, a good and honest man whose wife, Blanca, suffers from a terminal disease.
Virginia is surprised to see the ranch of the general is abandoned, without knowing that this is work of the mother of Fernando, Aurelia, who has allied with the administrator, Cristóbal, to steal the fortune that Virginia has inherited.
Aurelia hates Virginia and will try with all means that Virginia leaves the ranch because she knows if she does so, she will lose her inheritance, but if she doesn't, Aurelia is ready to resort to violence. Her hatred is even greater when she realizes that Fernando is madly love with Virginia, although Virginia only sees him as a good friend.
When Virginia meets Blanca, a sincere friendship begins between them. José Guadalupe ignores that Blanca is aware of his infidelity with a selfish and ambitious woman named Olga.
Knowing that he has little time of life, Blanca fears for the happiness of her husband and her daughter Marisol if he were to marry Olga.
Unintentionally, a passionate love is born between Virginia and José Guadalupe. Both refuse to accept it and treat each other with hostility, because they know that giving themselves to that love would be betraying the trust of Blanca.
After a marriage which was never consummated, Virginia will now have to combat hatred and the ambition of Aurelia and Cristóbal, while trying uselessly to ignore the love that she feels for José Guadalupe.
- Adela Noriega as Virginia Alfaro del Sur
- Jorge Salinas as José Guadalupe Cruz Serrano - Killed by Cristobal
- Sergio Sendel as Fernando Ortiz Betancourt
- Lilia Aragón as Aurelia Betancourt Vda. de Ortiz - Main villain, ends up vagabond
- Roberto Ballesteros as Cristóbal - Villain, killed by José Guadalupe
- César Évora as Edmundo Rivadeneira "El Loco Serenata"
- Arleth Terán as Olga Barquín - Villain, commits suicide by being defaced
- Natalia Esperón as Blanca de la Fuente de Cruz - Dies of a disease
- Otto Sirgo as Dr. Misael Mendoza*Delia Casanova as Clemencia
- Luis Bayardo as Sergio Valdez
- Lourdes Munguía as Aída Palacios
- Carlos Cámara Jr. as Arturo Palacios - Villain, dies of a shot
- Martha Ofelia Galindo as Mariana
- Arlette Pacheco as Soledad Rivadeneira
- Eugenio Cobo as Father Matías
- Alejandro Ruiz as Loreto Arriaga
- Oscar Traven as Rolando Palacios
- Hilda Aguirre as Raquela Palacios
- Juan Ignacio Aranda as Dante
- Raúl Sebastián Villarreal as Diego Alfaro
- Kendra Santacruz as Marisol Cruz de la Fuente - Dies after fall of the horse
- Fátima Torre as Olivia Palacios
- Odemaris Ruiz as Susana Palacios
- Alberto Salaberry as Fabián
- Daniel Gauvry as Paulino
- Bárbara Gómez as Hechicera
- Antonio Brenán as Gael
- Jorge Brenán as Gabriel
- Rubén Morales as Efrén Barquín
- José Antonio Ferral as Tomás
- Benjamín Rivero as Efraín
- Rocío Valenti as Margarita
- Claudia Ortega as Adelina
- Luis Uribe as Dr. Garza
- Alfredo Alfonso as Acosta
- Eduardo Noriega as Notario
- Alejandra Barros as Cecilia
|2006||24th TVyNovelas Awards||Best Telenovela of the Year||Salvador Mejia||Nominated|
|Best Actress||Adela Noriega|
|Best Antagonist Actress||Lilia Aragón|
|Best Leading Actress||Delia Casanova||Won|
|Best Leading Actor||Luis Bayardo||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Natalia Esperón|
|Best Supporting Actor||César Évora|
|Best Child Performance||Raúl Sebastián Villarreal|