Lesben- und Schwulenverband in Deutschland (LSVD), German for the Lesbian and Gay Federation in Germany, is the largest non-governmental LGBT rights organisation in Germany. It was founded in 1990 and is part of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA).
|Founded||18 February 1990|
|Focus||Lesbian and gay rights and welfare|
|SVD (Schwulenverband in der DDR)|
LSVD was formed as the Schwulenverband in der DDR (SVD) in 1990 and campaigned successfully to equal rights for a same-sex partnership.
Manfred Bruns, Volker Beck, Eduard Stapel, Günter Dworek and Halina Bendkowski were prominent persons in the Board of Directors. People from the arts like Comic-Designer Ralf König, comedian Hella von Sinnen, director Rosa von Praunheim, from politics and from science like sexologist Rolf Gindorf and others are prominent individual members of the organisation.
- LSVD - Founding Archived 24 November 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Hat die Homo-Ehe was gebracht?". www.tagesspiegel.de (in German). Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Biographie". Volker Beck. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Eddi Stapel: Bürgerrechtler und Vorkämpfer der DDR-Schwulenbewegung verstorben". az-online (in German). 5 September 2017. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "siegessäule - queer Berlin -Der LSVD wird 20!". www.siegessaeule.de. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "25 Jahre LSVD – Für Respekt und Vielfalt". www.siegessaeule.de (in German). Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Hella von Sinnen und Cornelia Scheel gehen getrennte Wege". queer.de (in German). Retrieved 7 February 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lesben- und Schwulenverband in Deutschland.|
|This article about a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation based in Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|