Kyoto Hemp Forum
Kyoto Hemp Forum (also called 世界麻環境フォーラム京都, International Hemp Environmental Forum Kyoto) is a hemp industry event held in Kyoto. The first event was held in July 2016. Featured speakers included Japanese politicians first lady Akie Abe and the Mayor of Kyoto, Daisaku Kadokawa, as well as U.S. activist Chris Conrad and Dutch seed entrepreneur Ben Dronkers. The title of Conrad's book Hemp: Lifeline to the Future was also the official theme of the event. Exhibitors at the forum include an Australian hemp seed company whose biggest market is Japan.
- Ashburne, John (July 13, 2016), "Views from Kyoto: What does the future hold for hemp in Japan? – Attendees at the International Hemp Forum, which was held at the Kyoto International Convention Center earlier this month, speak about their hopes for hemp in Japan.", Japan Times
- "Japanese First Lady to Headline Inaugural Kyoto Hemp Forum", Hemp Today, June 9, 2016
- Ben Dronkers at Kyoto Hemp Forum 2016, Sensi Seeds, July 1, 2016
- Conrad, Chris (May 26, 2016), "Kyoto Hemp Forum, July 2016–Hemp: Lifeline to the Future", official blog
- Honan, Kim (18 July 2016), "Hemp food producer expecting 400 per cent growth in next 12 months", ABC Rural, Australian Broadcasting Corporation