Kyaa Kool Hai Hum
Kyaa Kool Hain Hum (transl. How Cool Are We) is a 2005 Indian Hindi-language black comedy film directed by Sangeeth Sivan and produced by Ekta Kapoor. It features Tusshar Kapoor and Ritesh Deshmukh in lead roles. The film was released on 6 May 2005 and managed to succeed at the box office, despite receiving a negative critical response. It was one of the first Bollywood films to feature adult comedy. It is the first installment of Kyaa Kool Hain Hum film series. The film spawned two sequels, Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum and Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3.
|Kyaa Kool Hai Hum|
|Directed by||Sangeeth Sivan|
|Written by||Sachin Yardi|
|Produced by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Narrated by||Johnny Lever|
|Edited by||Chirag Jain |
|Distributed by||UTV Motion Pictures|
|Box office||₹24 crore|
Rahul (Tusshar Kapoor) is sincere and hardworking whilst Karan Pandey (Riteish Deshmukh) is just the opposite. Both are best friends and cool wannabes. When they are evicted from their flat, the both enter their flat from the back of the apartment and live secretly. They try to find girlfriends and secretly enter a college reunion party from where they are thrown out after being caught. Karan tricks a girl into roaming with him by stealing a car but gets caught by the police and gets beaten up. He lies to Rahul that he had fun with the girl. While running from tailor Popat, Rahul is advised by a baba that his true love will have a mole on her chest.
When the city is rocked with a series of rape and killings, the police with psychiatrist/psychologist Dr. Screwvala (Anupam Kher) is in search of this dreaded Serial Killer. Due to some misunderstanding, Rahul becomes the prime suspect. Meanwhile Karan gets beaten up by violent lady inspector and again lies about the incident to Rahul. Things take a funny turn when the job of nabbing Rahul is entrusted to Urmila Martodkar (Isha Koppikar). Urmila and Doctor again misinterpret Rahul's actions. Urmila is taken to a salon and kept gagged with tape on her mouth while the doctor instructs how she has to be disguised, while she moans through the tape on her mouth. She meets Rahul in a complete makeover as a hot woman. Rahul falls in love with her and invites her to live in his flat secretly. She tries to seduce him in sexy clothes to reveal his true nature and she loves him back, not remembering she is on a police force mission. By this time, Karan falls in love with D.K.(Rajendranath Zutshi) i.e. his boss's ex Kiran (Bobby Darling) who is actually the brother of Rekha (Neha Dhupia) a psychologist and Karan's ex-college mate.
After a roller coaster ride of mistaken identities and comedy of errors, the film reaches its peak when Karan is about to wed Kiran at the temple, but he is not aware that she is a transvestite, but Rekha and D.K. reach on time, where D.K. takes Kiran away and Rekha reveals that it was she who used to call and write letters to him on the name of Kiran, Karan realises his true love and reunites with her. The police are on the verge of arresting Rahul as the rapist, when the true rapist reveals himself, and turns out to be Uma Shankar Tripathi (Rajpal Yadav) and is arrested by police. Rahul and Urmila reunite and the film ends.
- Tusshar Kapoor as Rahul / Sanju
- Riteish Deshmukh as Karan Pandey / Guddu / D.K. Bose
- Isha Koppikar as Sub Inspector Urmila Martodkar
- Neha Dhupia as Rekha
- Anupam Kher as Dr. S. Screwvala
- Shoma Anand as Parvati
- Bobby Darling as Kiran
- Rajendranath Zutshi as D.K. Bose
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Hira Hingorani
- Anil Nagrath as Flat owner
- Dinesh Hingoo as Flat buyer
- Vijay Patkar as Constable
- Avtar Gill as Police Commissioner
- Razzak Khan as Popat (Laundry wala)
- Rana Jung Bahadur as Watchman
- Rajpal Yadav as Uma Shankar Tripathi / Rapist (Cameo appearance)
- Sophiya Chaudhary as Host of MTV Style Night (Special appearance)
- Johnny Lever as the Narrator
- Jay Sean in a Special Appearance in the song 'Dil Mera'
- Juggy D in a Special Appearance in the song 'Dil Mera'
- Veronica Mehta in a Special Appearance in the song 'Dil Mera'
- Rishi Rich in a Special Appearance in the song 'Dil Mera'
|1.||"Chaska"||Kunal Ganjawala, Sunidhi Chauhan|
|2.||"Dil Mera (One Night)"||Jay Sean, Juggy D, Rishi Rich|
|3.||"Kya Kool Hain Hum"||Anu Malik, KK, Kunal Ganjawala|
|4.||"We Are So Different"||Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kunal Ganjawala|
|5.||"Jaago Na"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Sowmya Raoh, Gayatri|
Sequels named Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum & Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 were released in July 2012 & January 2016 respectively. Deshmukh and Kapoor play the lead roles, while new additions include Sarah-Jane Dias and Neha Sharma. In Kya Kool Hain Hum 3 had Tusshar Kapoor and Aftab Shivdasani who replaced Ritesh Deshmukh in third installment.
- "Kyaa Kool Hai Hum – Movie – Box Office India". Box Office India.
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Theatrical Trailer! - BollySpice". bollyspice.com. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Sarah Jane Dias, Neha Sharma in 'Kya Kool Hai Hum' sequel". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 10 April 2012.