Kuwait News Agency
Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) is an official state news wire service based in Kuwait.
|(وكالة الأنباء الكويتية (كونا|
|Headquarters||Shuwaikh, Al Asimah|
History and structureEdit
KUNA was established in 1956. It was reorganized in 1976 as an independent body. However, it functions as a branch of the Ministry of Information, although it has an independent budget.
As of 2009 the news agency had offices and correspondents in 33 countries.
- "Kuwait History". Al Diwan Al Amiri. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- "Kuwait Press". Press Reference. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Ali Abdulsamad Dashti (2008). "The effect of online journalism on the freedom of press: The case of Kuwait" (PhD Thesis). University of Stirling. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- Ahmed Mady (2005). "Roles and Effects of Media in the Middle East and the United States". United States Army Command and General Staff College. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Media sustainability index 2009" (PDF). IREX. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 September 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- Najib Saab. "The Environment in Arab Media" (PDF). Arab Forum for Environment and Development. Archived from the original (Report) on 10 October 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
|This Kuwait-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|