Kuwait News Agency
|(وكالة الأنباء الكويتية (كونا|
Shuwaikh, Al Asimah|
Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) is an official state news wire service based in Kuwait.
History and structureEdit
KUNA was established in 1956. It was reorganized in 1976 as an independent body. However, it functions as a branch of the Ministry of Information, although it has an independent budget.
As of 2009 the news agency had offices and correspondents in 33 countries.
- "Kuwait History". Al Diwan Al Amiri. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- "Kuwait Press". Press Reference. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- Ali Abdulsamad Dashti (2008). "The effect of online journalism on the freedom of press: The case of Kuwait" (PhD Thesis). University of Stirling. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- Ahmed Mady (2005). "Roles and Effects of Media in the Middle East and the United States". United States Army Command and General Staff College. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Media sustainability index 2009" (PDF). IREX. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 September 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- Najib Saab. "The Environment in Arab Media" (PDF). Arab Forum for Environment and Development. Archived from the original (Report) on 10 October 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
|This Kuwait-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|