Kutaisi City Assembly
Kutaisi Municipal Assembly (Georgian: ქუთაისის საკრებულო) is a representative body in the city of Kutaisi, Georgia. currently consisting of 25 members; of these, 15 are proportional representatives and 10 are elected through single-member districts, representing their constituencies. It was established in the early 1990s, after Georgia's independence. The council is assembles into session regularly, to consider subject matters such as code changes, utilities, taxes, city budget, oversight of city government and more. Kutaisi sakrebulo is elected every four year. Currently the city council has 5 committees. The last election was held in october 2017. The ruling party of “georgian Dream” won the majority of votes. Current Chairperson of Kutaisi city Assembly is Irakli Shengelia
kutaisi City Assembly
Second Deputy Chairman
|Mixed-member proportional representation|
|October 21, 2017|
|October 2, 2021|
The members of the Sakrebulo are selected through a mixed electoral system. Of the 25 seats, 10 are filled through direct elections in local districts of the city. The remaining 15 members are chosen by political parties and are apportioned according to their support citywide. From 2017 counsel had 19 members from the ruling Georgian Dream, 4 from the United National Movement, and 2 from European Georgia.
In accordance with the Code of Local Self-Government of the Organic Law of Georgia, the Sakrebulo exercises its powers to define the administrative-territorial organization of the municipality and its identity, organizational activities, determination of the personnel policy of the municipality, regulation and control of the activities of executive bodies; In the fields of municipal property management, social, amenities and household utilities, land use and natural resources use, municipal territory planning, transport and road economy, accounting, support for innovative development and informatization.
The authority of the Sakrebulo in the field of administrative-territorial organization of the municipality and defining its identity includes:
- Creation and abolition of administrative units in the municipality, change of their borders
- Establishment of local self-government symbols - coat of arms, flag and other symbols and make changes in them
- establish the rules for the introduction of honorary titles and awards of the self-governing unit and their award
- names of geographical objects, Establishing the rule of numbering of buildings in the settlements
- Making a decision on creating, joining or leaving a non-profit (non-commercial) legal entity together with other self-governing units.
- approval of the socio-economic development strategy of the self-governing unit
- approval of measures and programs to be taken to attract investments and support innovative development in the territory of the municipality
The most recent city council election was held on October 2 2021, and the results were as follows:
|Georgian Dream||Dimitri Mkheidze||25,957||39.21||9.94||18||1||Government|
|United National Movement||Giga Shushania||24,893||37.60||14.23||14||10||Opposition|
|For Georgia||Eleonora Archaia||4,440||6.71||New||2||New||Opposition|
|Third Power||Koba Guruli||2,168||3.28||0.64||1||1||Opposition|
|Lelo for Georgia||Gia Gurgenidze||1,339||2.02||New||0||New||Extra-parliamentary|
|Labour Party||Samson Gugava||1,130||1.71||2.05||0||±0||Extra-parliamentary|
|Girchi - More Freedom||Dachi Dididze||1,073||1.62||New||0||New||Extra-parliamentary|
|For the People||Shota Chikovani||820||1.24||New||0||New||Extra-parliamentary|
|Alliance of Patriots of Georgia||Nona Asatiani||804||1.21||2.68||0||±0||Extra-parliamentary|
|European Georgia||David Gogisvanidze||733||1.11||10.82||0||2||Extra-parliamentary|
2017 election resultsEdit
|Alliance of Patriots||2,015||3.89||0|
Current committees of assemblyEdit
|Committee on Legal Affairs||Vlasi Gardapkhadze|
|Committee on Finance and Budget||Kakhaber Bochorishvili|
|Committee on Economy, Property Management and Urban Economy||Giorgi Cheishvili|
|Committee on Culture, Education, Youth Affairs and Sport||Otar Lortkipanidze|
|Committee on Health and Social Affairs Commission||Mamuka Rizhamadze|
Council Members from 2017-2021Edit
Council Members from electoral districtsEdit
|Sapichkhia district||Marekhi Nizharadze||Georgian Dream|
|City-museum district||Giorgi Cheishvili||Georgian Dream|
|Nikea district||Kakha Bochorishvili||Georgian Dream|
|Kakhianouri district||Eleonora Archaia||Georgian Dream|
|Dzelkviani district||Nikoloz Chechelashvili||Georgian Dream|
|Gamarjveba district||Irakli Shengelia||Georgian Dream|
|Avtokarkhana district||Merab Kvitsaridze||Georgian Dream|
|Ukimerioni district||Amiran Kopaleishvili||Georgian Dream|
|Avtomshenebeli district||Imeda Saghinadze||Georgian Dream|
|Vakisubani district||Mamuka Rizhamadze||Georgian Dream|
Council Members from proportional listEdit
|Nikoloz Lataria||Georgian Dream|
|Maia Simonidze||Georgian Dream|
|Ramaz Chkhikvadze||Georgian Dream|
|Alexander Akhaladze||Georgian Dream|
|Otar Lortkipanidze||Georgian Dream|
|Lasha Gvenetadze||Georgian Dream|
|Nana Kostava||Georgian Dream|
|David Tsuleiskiri||Georgian Dream|
|Vlasi Gardapkhadze||Georgian Dream|
|Grigol Shushania||United National Movement|
|Besik Bregadze||United National Movement|
|George Ukleba||United National Movement|
|Vladimer Kldiashvili||United National Movement|
|David Gogisvanidze||European Georgia|
|Kote Ratiani||European Georgia|
- "ქუთაისის საკრებულოს თავმჯდომარის მოვალეობას ირაკლი შენგელია შეასრულებს". imedinews.ge.
- "საკრებულოს თავმჯდომარის მოადგილეები". ქუთაისის მუნიციპალიტეტი.
- "შედეგები 2017". შედეგების არქივი (in Georgian). 2017-10-21. Retrieved 2021-02-09.
- "ქალაქ ქუთაისის მუნიციპალიტეტის საკრებულოს რეგლამენტის დამტკიცების შესახებ". სსიპ ”საქართველოს საკანონმდებლო მაცნე”.
- "ქუთაისის მუნიციპალიტეტი". nala.
- "საკრებულოს წევრები". ქუთაისის მუნიციპალიტეტი.