Kushti (transl. Wrestling) is a 2010 Indian sports comedy film directed by T. K. Rajeev Kumar. The film stars Rajpal Yadav in the lead role, along with the WWE wrestler The Great Khali (Dalip Singh Rana) making his Bollywood debut. The film also stars Manoj Joshi, Om Puri and Sharat Saxena in supporting roles.
|Directed by||T. K. Rajeev Kumar|
|Produced by||Girish Jain|
|Edited by||B. Ajithkumar|
|Distributed by||Venus Records & Tapes|
The film Kushti is the story of a small village in Northern India where wrestling is a popular sport and an important wrestling match is held every year. Every year rivals Avtar Singh and Jiten Singh try to beat each other in the wrestling match and gain the trusteeship of the village. Chander plays the role of a village simpleton and a post-master.
It filled with misunderstandings and misconceptions, of hidden identities and secret love-affairs and the outcome is simply hilarious. The movie begins to take a turn when a certain someone delivers a secret package in the wrong hands. Especially someone, who is bound to take advantage and manipulate the real owner of the package.
Avtar Singh has a young and a beautiful daughter named Laadli, with who Chander is madly in love. To get her father's approval for their marriage he was to first prove his prowess by wrestling with the 7 and half feet tall "Rama Krishna". The condition set by Avtar Singh is that Chander has to defeat "Khali" in the wrestling match
- Rajpal Yadav as Chander
- Dalip Singh Rana as Himself
- Nargis Bagheri as Laadli
- Sharat Saxena as Avtar Singh
- Asrani as Janak Lal
- Manoj Joshi as Kripashankar
- Om Puri as Jiten Singh
- Jagadeesh as Puncher Pappu
- Razak Khan as Chander's friend
- Ramesh Pisharody as Sinterklaas
- Asif Basra as Duliya ram (Post Master)
|"Rang Rasiya"||Anuradha Sriram, Tauseef Akhtar||4:37|
|"Dangal||Srinivas, Shreya Ghoshal||4:58|
|"Kar Kar Kushti Kar"||AD Boyz||3:09|
|"Hanuman Chalisa"||Ravi Choudhary||3:41|
|"Dekho Mere Gaon Mein"||Abhijeet Bhattacharya||3:38|
Kushti received mixed reviews, but mostly negative. The total gross came up to about 3.5/5 score. The song "Rang Rasiya" was praised a lot, which helped the film from going down even lower in business.
- "Kushti releasing on 14th May 2010". Hevcmovie. Archived from the original on 3 April 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Kushti - Music Review-Rajpal Yadav-Khali-Nargis Bagheri-Sreenivas - Music Aloud". Musicaloud.com.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Kushti Review 1/5 | Kushti Movie Review | Kushti 2010 Public Review | Film Review".
- "Nothing kick-ass about Kushti". Sify.