Kusatsu Station (草津駅, Kusatsu-eki) is a junction passenger railway station located in the city of Kusatsu, Shiga Prefecture, Japan, operated by West Japan Railway Company (JR West).
|Location||1-1-16 Shibukawa, Kusatsu City, Shiga Prefecture 525-0026|
|Coordinates||35°01′20″N 135°57′42″E / 35.022351°N 135.961733°ECoordinates: 35°01′20″N 135°57′42″E / 35.022351°N 135.961733°E|
|Operated by||JR West|
|Distance||45.5 km (28.3 mi) from Maibara|
|Platforms||3 island platforms|
|Structure type||Ground level|
|Opened||1 July 1889|
Kusatsu Station is served by the Biwako Line portion of the Tōkaidō Main Line, and is 45.5 kilometers from Maibara and 491.4 kilometers from Tokyo. It is also served by the Kusatsu Line and is 36.7 kilometers from the terminus of that line at Tsuge.
The station consists of three island platforms serving two tracks each, connected by an elevated concourse, and two tracks without platforms. The station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
|1||■ Kusatsu Line||for Kibukawa and Tsuge|
|2||■ Kusatsu Line||for Kibukawa and Tsuge|
|■ Biwako Line||from the Kusatsu Line for Kyoto and Osaka|
|3||■ Biwako Line||for Kyoto and Osaka|
limited express Biwako Express, Hida for Kyoto and Osaka
Kansai Airport limited express Haruka for Kansai Airport
|4||■ Biwako Line||for Kyoto and Osaka|
|5||■ Biwako Line||for Maibara and Nagahama|
|6||■ Biwako Line||for Maibara and Nagahama|
limited express Haruka, Biwako Express for Maibara
limited express Hida for Takayama
|■ Kusatsu Line||from Biwako Line for Kibukawa and Tsuge|
|Tokaido Line (Biwako Line)|
|Maibara||Limited Express Hida||Kyoto|
|Moriyama||Kansai Airport Limited Express Haruka||Minami-Kusatsu|
|Tehara||Local||Through to Biwako Line|
The station opened on 1 July 1889. With the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR) on 1 April 1987, the station came under the control of JR West.
Station numbering was introduced to the Tokaido Line in March 2018 with Kusatsu being assigned station number JR-A24.
In fiscal 2019, the station was used by an average of 29,569 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- Kusatsu City Hall
- Kusatsu Police Station
- Kusatsu Tax Office
- LT 932, Garden City Kusatsu
- Kintetsu Department Store Kusatsu
- Hotel Boston Plaza Kusatsu
- ^ "近畿エリアの12路線 のべ300駅に「駅ナンバー」を導入します！" ["Station numbers" will be introduced at a total of 300 stations on 12 lines in the Kinki area!]. westjr.co.jp (in Japanese). 20 July 2016. Archived from the original on 16 November 2022. Retrieved 30 December 2022.
- ^ "「駅ナンバー」一覧表" ["Station number" list] (PDF). westjr.co.jp (in Japanese). 20 July 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 November 2022. Retrieved 30 December 2022.
- ^ 令和元年滋賀県統計書 [Shiga Prefecture Statistics (Reiwa 1st Year Edition)] (PDF) (in Japanese). Japan: Shiga Prefecture. 2020. Retrieved 11 August 2021.
Media related to Kusatsu Station (Shiga) at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in Japanese)