Kumar Roy (1926–2010) was a Bengali theatre actor, director and playwright. In 1983 he won the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award. He was associated with the group Bohurupee. In 1948 he directed the classic play Nabanna.
|Occupation||Theatre director, actor|
|Notable work||Direction of Nabanna (1948)|
- Chauryananda (by Tulsi Lahiri, 1956)
- Natyakarer Bipatti (by Ajit Ganguli, 1956)
- Geetaratna (by Chittaranjan Ghosh, 1956)
- Mrichchakatik (by Śūdraka, 1979)
- Galileo (by Bertolt Brecht, 1980)
- Rajdarshan (by Manoj Mitra, 1982)
- Aguner Pakhi (by Jean Anouilh, 1984)
- Malini (by Rabindranath Tagore, 1986)
- Mr. Kakatua (by Prashanta Deb, 1987)
- Yayati (by Girish Karnad, 1988)
- Kinu Kaharer Thetar (by Manoj Mitra, 1988)
- Nabanna (by Bijon Bhattacharya, 1989)
- Nindapanke (by Jean-Paul Sartre, 1991)
- Shyama (by Sisir Kumar Das, 1992)
- Akbar Birbal (by Sisir Kumar Das, 1993)
- Piriti Parama Nidhi (by Chittaranjan Ghosh, 1994)
- Sinduk (by Sisir Kumar Das, 1995)
- Muktadhara (by Rabindranath Tagore, 1996)
- Ek Din Ek Rat (by Sisir Kumar Das, 1997)
- Lal Kaner (Rabindranath Tagore's Rakta Karabi in Hindi 1986, under the Sangeet Kala Mandir)
- Itihaser Atmaa (by Ashim Chatterjee, 2000)
- Fulla Ketur Pala (2002)
- Nishiddha Thikana (2004)
- Deepa Danda (2005)
- Rakta Karabi
- Bisarjan Raja
- Pagla Ghoda
- Baki Itihas
- Chop Adalat Cholche
- Raj Darshan
- Aguner Pakhi
- Ek Din Ek Raat
- "Bengali theatre personality Kumar Roy dead". Deccan Herald. Feb 28, 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Kumar Roy’s death leaves a void". The Statesman. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Noted Bengali theatre personality Kumar Roy dies of heart ailment". Times of India. Feb 28, 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Aparna Bhargava Dharwadker (1 November 2005). Theatres of Independence: Drama, Theory, and Urban Performance in India since 1947. University of Iowa Press. pp. 407–. ISBN 978-0-87745-961-3. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Kumar Roy biography". Bohurupee. Retrieved 22 August 2012.