Ku Bon-chan (Korean pronunciation: [ku.bon.tɕʰan] or [ku] [pon.tɕʰan]; born 31 January 1993) is a South Korean recurve archer. He won an individual and a team gold medal at the 2016 Olympics and two team gold medals at the 2015 World Championships.
Ku at the 2016 Summer Olympics
|Born||31 January 1993|
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||84 kg (185 lb)|
|Club||Andong National University|
|Coached by||Park Chae-soon|
Moon Hyung-Cheol (national)
|Updated on 13 August 2016.|
He made his international debut at the 2014 Archery World Cup after having participated in numerous Asian competitions prior. Ku competed in the individual recurve event, team recurve event, and recurve mixed team event at the 2015 World Archery Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark, where he took home gold medals in the team recurve event and recurve mixed team event. Ku represented South Korea in the men's team archery event and men's individual archery event at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Ku and the South Korean team won the gold medal in the team event. Ku shot six consecutive perfect tens across three sets in the gold medal match against the United States. South Korea's victory against the United States marked the first time a South Korean archery team had beaten an archery team from the United States at the Olympics. In the men's individual archery event, Ku defeated Frenchman Jean-Charles Valladont in the final to win his second Olympic gold medal.
- "Ku Bonchan". Rio2016. Archived from the original on 6 August 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Ku Bonchan". World Archery. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- "20-something friends team up for 1st Olympic gold in archery". The Korea Herald. 7 August 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- Enjoyment key to Korea’s Olympic clean sweep. worldarchery.org
- "2015 World Archery Championships: Entries by country" (PDF). ianseo.net. pp. 7–18. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "USA make do with silver in men's team archery as South Koreans clinch gold". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- Ransom, Ian (12 August 2016). "Archery: Cool Ku secures South Korean sweep". Reuters. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ku Bon-chan.|
|This biographical article relating to a South Korean archery figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|