Kristy Hinze in October 2012
16 October 1979|
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
|Spouse(s)||James H. Clark (2009–present)|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Agency||Elite Model Management, New York and Los Angeles|
Life and careerEdit
Kristy Hinze was born on the Gold Coast. She is the granddaughter of Queensland politician Russ Hinze. In 1994, when she was only 14 years old, Hinze was contracted to appear in the Australian edition of Vogue.
Hinze appeared on the tenth season of America's Next Top Model and was working at that time with Elite model management New York.
Hinze was the host and head judge of Project Runway Australia during the first and second season, it was announced Megan Gale would be the host of the third season. She appeared on the first ever cover of the short lived Australian Edition of Ocean Drive magazine. Hinze portrayed Marc Anthony's love interest in the music video for his single "You Sang to Me", both the Spanish and English versions.
In October 2008, Hinze became engaged to James H. Clark, founder of Silicon Graphics and Netscape and 36 years her senior. They married on 22 March 2009. She gave birth to their first child, a daughter named Dylan Vivienne, in September 2011 in New York City. Their second daughter Harper was born on 19 August 2014.
In December 2015 Hinze became the first female boat owner to win the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race.
- "Kristy Hinze", Vogue Australia
- Sassybella.com "Carrie Underwood Olay" Competition terms & conditions
- Article, New York Daily News, 2009.
- "And baby Dylan makes three for Kristy Hinze and husband Jim Clark", by Kristy Hinze, The Daily Telegraph, 21 September 2011
- "64-year-old Netscape billionaire Jim Clark marries 28-year-old swimsuit model Kristy Heinze" by Catey Hill, New York Daily News, 23 March 2009
- "'One of the best things I've ever done': Australia's Kristy Hinze-Clark on steering Comanche across the line". au.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- Kristy Hinze stalks catwalk standard, Herald Sun, Australia.