Kollengode is one of the major towns of Palakkad district, Kerala, India. Kollengode is well known for the culture of Kerala. Kollengode Town is the head quarters of Kollengode Sub District, Kollengode Panchayat and Kollengode Block Panchayat. Kollengode is one of the major tourist spots of Palakkad district. Kollengode has contributed many famous personalities to the society in the fields of movies, cultural activists, social activists, musicians, writers, poets, scholars, etc.
Vengunad, Ayaskarapuri (Ancient Name),Kalingudi (British Name)
Rice Bowl of Palakkad / Palace City
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KL 70-|
A large number of archaeological and historic sites, which are potential for tourism development are still there in and around areas of Kollengode
22 km away from Palakkad (Palakkad–Kollengode Route) and 65 km from Thrissur (NH 544 and SH 58)
- Kollengode Railway station is located at Ootara and it is well connected with Palakkad, Ernakulam,Thiruvananthapuram, Pollachi,Palani, Madurai, Thiruchendur,
- Kollengode is well connected with major bus routes. State highway SH-58 is passing through Kollengode.
- Kollengode-Palakkad route is one of the major roads in the state. Buses are available to Palakkad, Thrissur, Ernakulam, Calicut, Coimbatore, Pollachi, etc.
- Nearest Airport is Coimbatore which is around 70 Kms from Kollengode. Cochin International Airport is around 110 Kms away from Kollengode and distance to the Calicut Airport is around 125 Kms
Attractions of KollengodeEdit
- Sitarkundu waterfalls
- Palakapandi waterfalls
- Kollengode (Vengunad) Palace
- Govinda Mala Hills
- Paddy Fields and Nature scenery
- Hill valleys
- Various film shooting locations - Kollengode is a favorite of the film industry to capture its natural beauty. Many of the famous and industry hit movies are shot here.
Other nearby spotsEdit
- Nelliampathy Hill Station
- Meenkara Dam
- Chulliar Dam
- Pothundi Dam
- Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary
Kollengode will be its best in the months of December and January. It is a season of festivals there.
- Kollengode Pulikkode Dharmasastha Temple Arattu
- Thiru Kachamkurissi Vishnu Temple Arattu
- Desavilakku (Various Bhagavathi Temples) Festivals
- Panangattiri Koothandavela
- Alampallam Car Festival
- Shoora samhara mahotsavam
- Sivarathri Festivals
Other nearby festivalsEdit
- Nenmara - Vallangi Vela
- Vadavannur Kummatty
- Kunissery Kummatty
- Chittur Konganpada
- Koduvayur Car Festival
- Pallassana Onam Festival
Kollengode Block PanchayatEdit
Grama panchayats under Kollengode block panchayat are,
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory". Ministry of Panchayati Raj. Archived from the original on 30 December 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kollengode.|
|This article related to a location in Palakkad district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|