|Genres||Kenyan hip hop, Kapuka rap, pop|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, vocalist, record producer, DJ|
Kleptomaniax were formed in 1999, when they were still high school students at the Nairobi School. The group joined the Ogopa DJs label and released their first single, "Freak It" in 2002, which was followed by "Maniax Anthem" and "Haree." In 2004 the group released another single "Tuendelee", which became their biggest hit so far. The song was written as a response for the "Diss track" by various hip hop musicians (including Bamboo), who criticised the commercial Kapuka music style performed by Kleptomaniax among others.
Their debut album M4E (an abbreviation for Maniax Forever) was released in 2005. Later that year the group received an MTV Europe Music Awards nomination for the Best African Act, a category awarded for the first time, but won by Nigerian recording artist 2Face Idibia. In 2007 Kleptomaniax toured the USA. The group was managed by Fakii Liwali.
After 2007, the group had a break while their members engaged in solo projects. The group has since made a comeback but has left Ogopa DJs. The group released their second album NITT (Now Is The Time) in 2009. The group was believed to have disbanded after the release of their second album to pursue solo careers.
Influential group member Nyashinski made a come back with a bang in 2016 and his song 'Malaika' scooped a Mdundo Award for Most Dowloaded Male Single in 2017
- 2002 Chat Awards - Favourite Male Group
- 2003 Chat Awards - Favourite Male Group
- 2005 Kisima Music Awards - Best Group
- Daily Nation, Lifestyle Magazine, June 1, 2003: Kleptomaniax, the trio behind the hit songs
- The Standard, Pulse Magazine, April 25, 2005: Klepto’s beef with Pulse
- "Sambaza Entertainment". Sambazainc.com. 2007-02-24. Archived from the original on 2012-02-17. Retrieved 2012-05-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- The Standard, Pulse Magazine, January 30, 2009: Kleptomaniacs back to steal the show[permanent dead link]
- "True Blaq Entertainment profile". Trueblaq.com. Retrieved 2012-05-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kora Awards 2005 nominees". Francomix.com. Retrieved 2012-05-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Tanzania Music Awards - Nominees 2006". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on November 10, 2006. Retrieved 2012-05-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kisima Awards nominees 2008
- "PAM Awards". PAM Awards. Retrieved 2012-05-28. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)