Klas Dahlbeck (born 6 July 1991) is a Swedish professional ice hockey player who is currently playing with HC CSKA Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). He was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 3rd round (79th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Dahlbeck with the Chicago Blackhawks in December 2014
6 July 1991|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||207 lb (94 kg; 14 st 11 lb)|
79th overall, 2011|
Dahlbeck made his professional debut in the Swedish Hockey League, with Linköpings HC in the 2009–10 season. After two more seasons in Sweden on 29 May 2012, Dahlbeck signed a three-year entry level contract with the Blackhawks.
Dahlbeck endured his first two North American seasons with AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs, establishing himself as the franchise career leader in plus/minus before in the 2014–15 season he made his NHL debut with the Blackhawks on 6 December 2014 against the Nashville Predators. He scored his first NHL goal on 11 December against Tuukka Rask of the Boston Bruins. On 28 February 2015, Dahlbeck was traded, along with Chicago's first round draft pick in 2015, to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for Antoine Vermette.
After a year with the Carolina Hurricanes in which he played 43 games, he was resigned to a one year, $850,000 deal with the Hurricanes for 2017–18 on 21 April 2017. During the season he skated in 33 games for the Hurricanes, contributing with 1 goal and 5 points.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
Awards and honorsEdit
- "Rakell Invited to Sweden's World Junior Selection Camp". Plymouth Whalers. 2 December 2010. Archived from the original on 7 August 2011. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- "Blackhawks agree to terms with four". Chicago Blackhawks. 29 May 2012. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Patrick Sharp likely to return for the Blackhawks on Tuesday". Mark Lazerus. 6 December 2014. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Vermette acquired by Blackhawks for steep deadline price". Yahoo! Sports. 28 January 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Canes' claim Klas Dahlbeck on waivers". Carolina Hurricanes. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Carolina Hurricanes Sign Klas Dahlbeck to One-Year, One-Way Contract Extension". www.canescountry.com. 21 April 2017. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Canes' Don Waddell confirms Klas Dahlbeck has gone to the KHL". www.twitter.com. 22 May 2018. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "CSKA lifts the Gagarin Cup". Kontinental Hockey League. 19 April 2019. Retrieved 19 April 2019.