Kjetil Mørland (born 3 October 1980), better known as simply Mørland, is a Norwegian singer and songwriter. He represented Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 along with Debrah Scarlett with his song "A Monster Like Me".
Mørland in 2015
|Birth name||Kjetil Mørland|
|Also known as||Mørland|
|Born||3 October 1980|
|Origin||Brighton, England, UK|
Mørland fronted the band Absent Elk from its 2008 inception, releasing the album Caught in the Headlights in the spring of 2009. The band supported The Script, The Hoosiers and Girls Aloud on UK tours before going on to tour the UK themselves in June 2009.
In 2015 Mørland wrote "A Monster Like Me", and performed it at Melodi Grand Prix as a duet with Debrah Scarlett. They won the competition with 88,869 votes and represented Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 in Vienna. The duo performed in the second semi-final and qualified to the final on 23 May 2015, in which they placed 8th.
In January 2018, he was credited as the writer and producer of Melodi Grand Prix 2018 entry "Who We Are" performed by 19 year old singer Rebecca. The song competed at the Oslo Spektrum on 10 March 2018, and finished in 2nd place behind the eventual winner Alexander Rybak.
Mørland returned to Melodi Grand Prix as an artist in 2019, with the self-written song "En livredd mann". The song competed in the final in Oslo Spektrum on 2 March 2019, but did not advance from the first round. In the same contest, he was also credited as a writer of Adrian Jørgensen song "Bubble", alongside Jonas McDonnell and Aleksander Walmann. The song placed second behind Keiino song "Spirit in the Sky".
In February 2020, he was credited as a writer and composer of the song "Attention" by Ulrikke Brandstorp, alongside Brandstorp herself and Christian Ingebrigtsen. The song competed in the grand final of Melodi Grand Prix 2020 at Trondheim Spektrum on 15 February 2020, winning with 200,345 votes, and was therefore selected to represent Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 in Rotterdam. However, on 18 March 2020, the event was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
|Make a Sail||
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"Keep Me Dancing"||2013||—||—||—||—||Make a Sail|
|"A Monster Like Me"
(with Debrah Scarlett)
|"Make a Sail"||—||—||—||—|
|"If Music Could Save You"||2019||—||—||—||—|
|"En livredd mann"||—||—||—||—|
- Granger, Anthony (14 March 2015). "Norway: Mørland & Debrah Scarlett Has Won!". eurovoix.com. Eurovoix. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "Norway: Mørland & Debrah Scarlett to Vienna". eurovisionworld.com. 14 March 2015. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- Kristiansen, Wivian Renee (9 February 2018). "Music video for Rebecca's MGP entry "Who We Are" released!". escxtra.com. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- Vautrey, Jonathan (10 March 2018). "Norway: Alexander Rybak wins Melodi Grand Prix 2018 with "That's How You Write A Song"". Wiwibloggs. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- McCaig, Ewan (25 January 2019). "Norway: Artists And Songs For MGP 2019 Announced". Eurovoix. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- Granger, Anthony (2 March 2019). "Norway: KEiiNO To The Eurovision Song Contest 2019". Eurovoix. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- Granger, Anthony (30 January 2020). "Norway: Ulrikke Brandstorp Releases 'Attention' ahead of Melodi Grand Prix Semi-Final Four". Eurovoix. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Mørland & Debrah Scarlett". Norwegian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "DiscographIe Mørland & Debrah Scarlett". Austrian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Mørland & Debrah Scarlett". German Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Mørland & Debrah Scarlett". Swiss Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- If Music Could Save You - Single by Mørland on iTunes Music (US)
- En livredd mann - Single by Mørland on iTunes Music (US)
|Awards and achievements|
with "Silent Storm"
| Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest
(with Debrah Scarlett)
|This article about a Norwegian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|