Kingston Estates, New Jersey
Kingston Estates is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Cherry Hill, in Camden County, New Jersey, United States, that had been part of the Barclay-Kingston CDP until the 2000 Census, which was split to form the CDPs of Barclay and Kingston Estates as of the 2010 Census. As of the 2010 United States Census, the CDP's population was 5,685.
Kingston Estates, New Jersey
Map of the former Barclay-Kingston CDP in Camden County. Inset: Location of Camden County in New Jersey.
|• Total||1.164 sq mi (3.013 km2)|
|• Land||1.162 sq mi (3.009 km2)|
|• Water||0.002 sq mi (0.004 km2) 0.13%|
|Elevation||43 ft (13 m)|
|• Density||4,893.3/sq mi (1,889.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||02389172|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP had a total area of 1.164 square miles (3.013 km2), including 1.162 square miles (3.009 km2) of land and 0.002 square miles (0.004 km2) of water (0.13%).
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 5,685 people, 2,191 households, and 1,509.599 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 4,893.3 per square mile (1,889.3/km2). There were 2,553 housing units at an average density of 2,197.5 per square mile (848.5/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 76.66% (4,358) White, 6.95% (395) Black or African American, 0.19% (11) Native American, 12.52% (712) Asian, 0.02% (1) Pacific Islander, 1.27% (72) from other races, and 2.39% (136) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.19% (295) of the population.
There were 2,191 households out of which 28.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.4% were married couples living together, 10.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.1% were non-families. 27.5% of all households were made up of individuals, and 14.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.55 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 21.7% under the age of 18, 7.2% from 18 to 24, 23.0% from 25 to 44, 28.2% from 45 to 64, and 19.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43.5 years. For every 100 females there were 91.5 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and older there were 85.2 males.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kingston Estates Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed October 14, 2012.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Kingston Estates CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed October 14, 2012.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, August 2012. Accessed October 14, 2012. "Deleted CDPs: Barclay-Kingston (split to form Barclay and Kingston Estates CDPs)"
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.