Killing Jesus (2015 film)
Killing Jesus is an American television film inspired by the 2013 book of the same title by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. This is National Geographic's third installment of television adaptations of O'Reilly's non-fiction books which included Killing Lincoln and Killing Kennedy. The cast includes Haaz Sleiman, Kelsey Grammer, Stephen Moyer, Emmanuelle Chriqui, and John Rhys-Davies.
|Based on||Killing Jesus|
by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
|Written by||Walon Green|
|Directed by||Christopher Menaul|
|Theme music composer||Trevor Morris|
|Country of origin||United States|
David W. Zucker
|Running time||132 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Scott Free Productions|
|Distributor||National Geographic Channel|
|Original network||National Geographic Channel|
|Original release||March 29, 2015|
- Haaz Sleiman as Jesus
- Alexis Rodney as Peter
- Joe Doyle as Judas Iscariot
- Aneurin Barnard as James
- Abhin Galeya as John the Baptist
- Rufus Sewell as Caiaphas 
- John Lynch as Nicodemus
- John Rhys-Davies as Annas
- Stephen Moyer as Pontius Pilate
- Tamsin Egerton as Claudia
- Kelsey Grammer as Herod the Great
- Eoin Macken as Herod Antipas
- Emmanuelle Chriqui as Herodias
- Stephanie Leonidas as Salome
- Vernon Dobtcheff as Isaiah
- Klára Issová as Mary Magdalene
- Mehdi Pyro as Andrew
In March 2014, it was announced Killing Jesus was being adapted into a four-hour miniseries, and Walon Green has been tapped to write and executive produce the project. Also returning as executive producers are Ridley Scott, David W. Zucker, and Mary Lisio, who previously produced Killing Kennedy. In August 2014, Christopher Menaul was attached to direct the miniseries.
On its premiere airing, the film was watched by 3.7 million viewers, averaging a 1.0 rating among adults in the 25-54 demographic. The viewership surpassed the record previously held by Killing Kennedy.
|2015||Critics' Choice Television Awards||Best Movie/Miniseries||Killing Jesus||Nominated|
|Primetime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Television Movie||Nominated|
|2016||Satellite Awards||Best Miniseries or Television Film||Nominated|
- Hipes, Patrick (February 18, 2014). "'Killing Jesus' Premiere Date Set For March 29 On Nat Geo – Full Trailer". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (October 6, 2014). "Nat Geo's 'Killing Jesus' Cast Revealed (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Oldenburg, Ann (October 6, 2014). "Kesley Grammer, cast announced for 'Killing Jesus'". USA Today. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 17, 2014). "National Geographic's 'Killing Jesus' To Expand To 4 Hours, Walon Green To Write". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- The Deadline Team (August 7, 2014). "Christopher Menaul To Direct 'Killing Jesus' For Nat Geo & Ridley Scott". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- O'Connell, Michael (March 30, 2015). "'Killing Jesus' Nabs Nat Geo Ratings Record With 3.7 Million Viewers". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Maglio, Tony (March 30, 2015). "'Killing Jesus' Slays Nat Geo Record With 3.7 Million Viewers". TheWrap. Retrieved March 30, 2015.