Kilcoy railway line
The Kilcoy railway line is a disused, partly demolished narrow gauge railway in South East Queensland, Australia.
|Kilcoy railway line|
Disused track at Wamuran, 2015
|Continues from||North Coast line|
|Opened||Caboolture-Woodford: 6 December 1909|
Woodford-Kilcoy: 22 December 1913
|Closed||Wamuran-Kilcoy: 30 June 1964|
Caboolture-Wamuran: 9 September 1996
|Line length||55.9 km (34.7 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
Railway stations on the Kilcoy line included Durundur, Neurum, Royston, Villeneuve, Glenfern and Winya. The Wamuran to Kilcoy section closed on 30 June 1964 followed by the remaining section from Caboolture to Wamuran on 9 September 1996. As of 2015 all of the line has been removed back to Caboolture, except for a few hundred metres of track at the former Wamuran station.
Caboolture to Wamuran Rail TrailEdit
- "Jimna Single Men's Barracks (former) (entry 602685)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Kilcoy and Kilcoy Shire". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- Quinlan, Howard; Newland, John (2000). Australian Railway Routes 1854 - 2000. Redfern: Australian Railway Historical Society. p. 38. ISBN 0909650497.
- "Kilcoy Line Re-named". Chronicle and North Coast Advertiser (Qld. : 1903 - 1922). Qld.: National Library of Australia. 1 August 1913. p. 2. Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "CABOOLTURE to WAMURAN Rail Trail - Concept" (PDF). Moreton Bay Regional Council. May 2016. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
Media related to Kilcoy railway line at Wikimedia Commons