Kibulala, Ssingo, commonly known as Kibulala, is a hill in Ssingo County, Kiboga District in Central Uganda. The hill rises approximately 1,250 metres (4,100 ft) above sea level. The name also applied to the village that sits on top of the hill and the Buganda cultural site located there.
|Elevation||4,100 ft (1,250 m)|
Kibulala is located approximately 12 kilometres (7.5 mi), by road, northwest of Bukomero, the closest large town. Bukomero is located approximately 92 kilometres (57 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, the capital of Uganda, and the largest city in that East African country. The approximate coordinates of Kibulala, Ssingo are:0°43'03.0"N, 31°56'00.0"E (Latitude:0.717500; Longitude:31.933333).
Kibulala, Ssingo is the location of the burial place of Ssekabaka Wasswa Chwamale Mwanga Winyi, the elder twin brother of Ssekabaka Kato Kintu Kakulukuku, the first Kabaka of Buganda. The descendants of Winyi of Kibulala constitute the Buganda Clan known as Ababiito b'eKibulala. The late monarch's burial site is recognized by the Buganda Royal Clan. Naalinnya Dina Kigga Mukarukidi, a sister to the reigning Buganda King, Kabaka Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II, is culturally assigned to the site.
- "Travel Distance Between Kampala And Bukomero With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Kibulala, Ssingo At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- Ssemakula, Mukasa. "List of The Clans of Buganda". Buganda.Com. Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- Serunjogi, Titus (27 April 2006). "Traditional And Modern: Meet The Kabaka's Sisters". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 30 August 2014.
- Buyers, Christopher. "The Offspring of Major-General H.H. Edward Frederick William David Walugembe Mutebi Luwangula Mutesa II, Kabaka of Buganda, 1939 to 1969: Princess (Omumbejja) Dina Kigga Mukarukidi, Naalinya wa Ssekabaka Winyi at Kibulala". RoyalArk.Net © Christopher Buyers, July 2001 to May 2014. Retrieved 30 August 2014.