Khazana (transl. "Treasure") is a 1951 Indian Hindi-language adventure film directed by M. Sadiq and starring Madhubala and Nasir Khan. The music of the film was composed by C. Ramachandra.
|Directed by||M. Sadiq|
|Screenplay by||M. Sadiq|
|Story by||O. P. Dutta|
|Produced by||Bakshi Jung Bahadur|
|Edited by||Moosa Mansoor|
|Music by||C. Ramachandra|
Based on novel King Solomon's Mines (1885), Khazana is considered to be one of the most important Indian films made about invention and adventures. On its theatrical release in March 1951, the film became a box office hit; its success was attributed to Madhubala's popularity among masses.
This article needs a plot summary. (February 2021)
Initially, Nargis was slated to play the lead role but she left the production due to her illness. Madhubala was then cast in the film; Sadiq explained: "Madhubala is the only girl in our industry who can match Nargis' stardom today and even beat her!"
|1||"Ae Chand Pyaar Mera"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|2||"Mujhe Tum Se Bahut Hai Pyaar"||Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Rafi|
|3||"Mohabbat Pe Itni Jawani Na Hoti"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|4||"Soyi Soyi Chandni Hai"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|5||"Do Deewano Ka Afsana"||Lata Mangeshkar, C. Ramachandra|
|6||"Baboodi Boobdo Bam Jal"||Lata Mangeshkar, C. Ramachandra|
|7||"Dheere Dheere Gham Ka Zamana"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|8||"Kar De Zara Ishaara"||Lata Mangeshkar|
|9||"Jambo Chi Kola Kar"||Lata Mangeshkar|
Khazana opened to mixed reviews from critics, who praised the soundtrack but criticised Madhubala's acting. The film, nevertheless, proved immensely popular among audience, eventually becoming the eleventh highest-grossing film of 1951 (revenue wise), while Madhubala's Tarana and Badal were at the sixth and eight positions, respectively.
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish (1999). Encyclopaedia of Indian cinema. Taylor & Francis Group. p. 1889. ISBN 9780851706696.
- Akbar, Katijia (2011). I Want to Live: The Story of Madhubala. Hay House. p. 138. ISBN 9789381398210.
- "Khazana (1951) – Cineplot.com". Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- "Khazana (1951) Cast - Actor, Actress, Director, Producer, Music Director". Cinestaan. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- "Khazana (1951) - Review, Star Cast, News, Photos". Cinestaan. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- Prakāśa Siṃha, Oma (1993). Sanchar Aur Patrakarita Ke Vividh Aayaam. Klāsikala Pabliśiṅga Kampanī. p. 222.
- Deep 1996, p. 149.
- Deep 1996, p. 32.
- Deep 1996, p. 32, 149.
- "Highest Grossing Hindi Movies of 1951". IMDb. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- Deep, Mohan (1996). Madhubala: The Mystery and Mystique. Magna Publishing Co. Ltd.