Khairul Anuar Mohamad
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Khairul Anuar bin Mohamad|
22 September 1991|
Kemaman, Terengganu, Malaysia
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||76 kg (168 lb)|
|Coached by||Lee Jae Hyung, Norizam Ishak|
|Achievements and titles|
|Olympic finals||2012 London - 1/8 Finals (Ind)|
|Highest world ranking||3 (9 July 2013)|
|Updated on 16:33, 18 June 2015 (UTC).|
2011 FITA Archery World CupEdit
Khairul participated in the 2011 FITA Archery World Cup Stage 4 in Shanghai, China in what was only his third international tournament. He became the first Malaysian to ever win a medal at an individual World Cup event when he was defeated in the finals of the men's individual recurve event by American Joe Fanchin.
2011 Asian Archery ChampionshipsEdit
He was part of the Malaysian contingent at the 2011 Asian Archery Championships in Tehran, Iran which came away two gold medals and two silver medals. Khairul contributed towards both gold medals. He defeated Hideki Kikuchi of Japan 6-2 in the final of the men's individual event and was part of the Malaysian team which defeated China 187-184 in the final of the men's team event.
2012 Summer OlympicsEdit
At the 2012 Summer Olympics he competed for his country in the Men's individual event and the Men's team event. Khairul made it to the quarter-final stage of the individual event, where he was stopped by eventual silver-medallist Takaharu Furukawa of Japan, while the Malaysian team crashed out in the first round.
2016 Summer OlympicsEdit
Khairul earned his spot in men’s individual event after winning the Continental Quota Tournament (CQT) in Bangkok. He lost to Germany's Florian Floto, Khairul won the first two sets 27-26 and 27-23 before Floto take the next three sets 29-27, 28-25 and 30-29 (4-6). He also take part in team events where they lose to France (2-6).
- "Medal Count - Olympic Results & Medalists | IOC". London2012.com. Archived from the original on 2 April 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "Khairul Anuar Mohamad". Archery.org. FITA. Archived from the original on 2014-05-09.
- Rai, Vijesh (10 August 2016). "(Olympics) Archer Khairul crashes out". NewStraitsTimesOnline. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Khairul Anuar Mohamad at the World Archery Federation
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Khairul Anuar Mohamad". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
|This biographical article relating to a Malaysian archery figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|