12 April 1988 |
Braunschweig, West Germany
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||92 kg (203 lb)|
|Rank||194 at World Archery Rankings (March 2016)|
|Updated on 30 July 2016.|
He has competed internationally since the 2008 European Indoor Championships in Turin. There, he finished in 6th place individually and won the silver medal with the German team. In 2010, Floto won Gold with the German team at the European Championships in Rovereto, in the individual competition he finished in fourth place.
He won the gold medal at the 2016 World Indoor Archery Championships in the men's team event and represented Germany at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro where he finished in 9th place. In Rio, Floto lost 4–6 in the round of 16 against eventual gold medalist Ku Bon-chan.
Floto represents the Braunschweig-based Schützenverein Querum in domestic competitions, and has won several German championship titles with the club, both in individual and team events. He is an electrician by profession.
- Florian Floto at deutsche-olympiamannschaft.de.
- Florian Floto at the website of the German Shooting and Archery Federation.
- "2016 World Indoor Archery Championships: Entries" (PDF). ianseo.net. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Bogenschießen: WM-Titel für Unruh und Männer-Mannschaft" (in German). Focus. 5 March 2016. Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- "2016 Rio Olympic Games Recurve Men: Ranking". World Archery Federation.
- "Archery: Individual Competition men". Olympic.org.
- "Bogenschießen: Floto im Achtelfinale ausgeschieden" (in German). Die Zeit. 12 August 2016. Retrieved 5 February 2017.