Kenwood is a neighborhood within the Calhoun-Isles community in Minneapolis. Its boundaries are Cedar Lake Parkway to the west, Kenwood Parkway to the north, West Lake of the Isles Parkway to the east, and Kenilworth Place to the south. The neighborhood is one of the most affluent in the city, with mansions along the parkways.
Location of Kenwood within the U.S. city of Minneapolis
|• Total||0.637 sq mi (1.65 km2)|
|• Density||2,200/sq mi (860/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
- Joe Roche, an Iraq War Veteran and political commentator grew up in Kenwood.
- Kenwood's most famous fictional resident was Mary Richards, played by Mary Tyler Moore, who resided at fictional "119 North Weatherly" and used exterior shots of the home located at 2104 Kenwood Parkway from 1970 to 1975 during the first five seasons of The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
- "Kenwood neighborhood in Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN), 55405, 55416 detailed profile". City-Data. 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Minneapolis Neighborhood Profile: Kenwood" (PDF). Minnesota Compass. October 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Hotakainen, Rob (2004-01-10). "Stay or go? Iraq opinions diverge - It's a familiar debate in state, across nation". Star Tribune.
- "The "Mary Tyler Moore" House For Sale in Minneapolis". hookedonhouses.net. 2013-01-07. Retrieved 2013-04-23.
- Kenwood, Minneapolis, MN. Google Earth. Retrieved 2011-03-09.