Kat Zhang (born 1991) is an author of young adult and middle grade literature. Her first trilogy was entitled The Hybrid Chronicles. According to WorldCat, the series is held in 2,545 libraries, and has been translated into Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Polish and Italian. HarperCollins published the trilogy in the United States. The first volume, What's Left of Me, was published in 2012; the third volume, Echoes of Us was published in 2014.
Hybrid Chronicles seriesEdit
- What's Left of Me (2012)
- Once We Were (2013)
- Echoes of Us (2014)
- Amy Wu and the Perfect Bao (2019)
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2016)
The Hybrid Chronicles books are set in an alternate universe society in which at birth every body possesses two 'souls', or human identities. One of these identities is supposed to fade away with age. Those who retain both souls are labelled 'hybrids' and are ostracized from normal society. The series' protagonists, Addie and Eva, inhabit the same body and try to conceal this fact from other people.
The Emperor's Riddle, Zhang's first Middle Grade novel, is set in Fuzhou, China. It describes the adventures of a Chinese-American girl as she searches for an ancient, Ming dynasty treasure. The book details the legends involving the assassination of Chinese emperor Zhu Yunwen, the second emperor of the Ming dynasty, and touches on the events of the Chinese Cultural Revolution.
- Library of Congress Authority File
- WorldCat author file
- Kang Kai (康慨) (2012-09-24). "华裔美国女生张亦雪昨日出版反乌托邦小说处女作". chinawriter.com.cn (in Chinese).
- "Vanderbilt Sci-Fi Author Kat Zhang". Vanderbilt University. April 16, 2013.
- "The Emperor's Riddle". GoodReads. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- "Rights report week of November 2 2015". Publisher's Weekly. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "The Memory of Forgotten Things by Kat Zhang".
- "Amy Wu and the Perfect Bao". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- James, Thea (13 September 2013). "Book Review: Once We Were by Kat Zhang". The Book Smugglers. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- Barisich, Justin (17 September 2013). "Kat Zhang - Once We Were - Book Review". BookPage. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "BEA 2012: The YA and Middle-Grade Fiction Buzz". Publisher's Weekly. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "What's Left of Me". Publisher's Weekly. Retrieved 3 July 2016.
- "The Emperor's Riddle - NCTA". NCTA. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- "The Emperor's Riddle". Parents' Choice Foundation. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|