Karnataka State Film Awards
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Karnataka State Film Awards are the most notable and prestigious film awards given for Kannada film industry in Karnataka, India. These are considered the highest awards for Kannada language films. They are given annually to honor the best talents and provide encouragement and incentive to the Kannada film industry by the Government of Karnataka.
|Karnataka State Film Awards|
|State award for contributions to film|
|Awarded for||Highest award for films in Karnataka|
|Sponsored by||Government of Karnataka|
|Formerly called||Mysore State Film Awards|
The awards are decided by a committee headed by a panel of Judges. The jury usually consists of eminent personalities from the film field. The awards intends to promote films with artistic values and encourage artists, technicians and producers. The awards are declared by the Minister for Cultural Affairs and are presented by the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
On 14 November 2016,Chief Minister of Karnataka Siddaramaiah declared that the State Government will present the Karnataka State Film Awards on 24 April, the birthday of thespian Dr. Rajkumar, every year henceforth.
List of awardsEdit
- Lifetime Contribution to Kannada Cinema Award
- Jury's Special Award
- Best Book on Kannada Cinema
- Best Short Film
- "About Karnataka:Film Industry, Govt of Karnataka". Archived from the original on 2010-04-01. Retrieved 2010-05-28.
- Film Awards instituted in the name of Vishnuvardhan, K.S. Aswath, Deccan Herald
- Shruti, Murali bag Karnataka film awards, Times of India
- Producers of Children's Films cry foul, Screen[dead link]
- Film awards given away, The Hindu
- Karnataka State Film Awards 2005-06
- Karnataka State Film Awards on April 4[permanent dead link]
- Annual film awards to be given on Raj's birthday, Deccan Herald