Janumada Jodi is a 1996 Indian Kannada blockbuster film directed by T. S. Nagabharana, based on the Gujarati novel Malela Jeev by Pannalal Patel. It stars Shiva Rajkumar and Shilpa in the lead roles. The film is mirror to folk Karnataka especially in Mandya region. Shilpa has won the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada & Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actress for her performance in this film.
|Directed by||T. S. Nagabharana|
|Produced by||Parvathamma Rajkumar|
|Written by||Baraguru Ramachandrappa (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||T. S. Nagabharana|
|Story by||Pannalal Patel|
|Based on||Malela Jeev|
by Pannalal Patel
|Music by||V. Manohar|
|Cinematography||B. C. Gowrishankar|
|Edited by||T. Shashikumar|
Popular Malayalam actress Chippy made her Kannada debut with this film. Cinematographer B. C. Gowrishankar picturised the song "Mani Mani" in the sunset for nine days as the sunset lasted for only a few minutes. Stage actor Mandya Ramesh also made his acting debut with this film.
Praising Parvathamma's finance management skills, director Nagabharana recalled that she had hired two production managers who would give the estimated expense of each of the scenes conceived by him. She would add an additional 20 per cent on that and would ask the technicians whether it would be sufficient. Once the budget was agreed upon, she would see that it was never overshot.
The film was released on 15 November 1996 to highly positive reviews.
The film had a theatrical run of more than 365 days in maximum centres across Hubbali, Belgavi and Bijapur. Janumada Jodi holds the record for silver jubilee run in maximum number (5) of film halls in Bengaluru.
Awards and honoursEdit
|Award||Award Category - Winner||Ref.|
|44th Filmfare Awards South||Best Film - Parvathamma Rajkumar (Producer)
Best Director - T. S. Nagabharana
Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada - Shilpa
Best Music Director - V. Manohar
|Karnataka State Film Awards||Jury's Special Award - Parvathamma Rajkumar (Producer)
Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actress - Shilpa
Best Music Director - V. Manohar
Best Male Playback Singer - L. N. Shastry
Best Lyricist - Doddarange Gowda ( "Kolumande Jangama" )
The film became a subject for study in the humanities by an American University.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Aarathi Annammange"||Doddarange Gowda||Rajesh Krishnan, Manjula Gururaj||4:25|
|2.||"Dehavendare O Manuja"||V. Manohar||Rajkumar||4:52|
|3.||"Ivan Yaara Magano"||V. Manohar||Rajesh Krishnan, Manjula Gururaj||4:51|
|4.||"Januma Jodi Aadaru"||V. Manohar||Rajkumar||4:47|
|5.||"Janumada Jodi Neenu"||Doddarange Gowda||Rajesh Krishnan, Manjula Gururaj||5:02|
|6.||"Kolumande Jangama"||Doddarange Gowda||L. N. Shastri||4:29|
|7.||"Mani Mani Mani"||Baraguru Ramachandrappa||Shiva Rajkumar, Manjula Gururaj||5:02|
|8.||"Oora Dyavre"||V. Manohar||Manjula Gururaj||4:45|
|9.||"Seere Seere Seere"||Sriranga||Sangeetha Katti||4:16|
- "Biopic on former Karnataka CM Devaraj Urs soon". Deccan Herald. 2 June 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2020.
- "Best actress". Filmfare. 5 July 1998. Archived from the original on 5 July 1998. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 13 January 2016. Retrieved 27 November 2016.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Karnoor, Maithreyi (16 September 2016). "Theatre is where my heart is". The Hindu.
- "MANDYA RAMESH VISITS". Deccan Herald. Archived from the original on 28 November 2016.
- Suresh, Sunayana (28 August 2018). "Regularised market, homework, disciplined making and cinema education is the need of the hour". The Times of India.
- SubashChandra Gandhi (15 November 2014). "Shivarajkumar hits and flops". sandalwoodking.rocks. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- "'I want to do a negative role'". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Janumada Jodi in American University".[permanent dead link]
- "Janumada Jodi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by V. Manohar". Apple Music. Retrieved 8 October 2020.