Kanuru is a neighbourhood of Vijayawada in Krishna district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.It is a education hub. It is located in Penamaluru mandal of Vijayawada revenue division. As per the G.O. No. M.S.104 (dated:23-03-2017), Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department, it became a part of Vijayawada metropolitan area.
|• Total||9.02 km2 (3.48 sq mi)|
|Elevation||8 m (26 ft)|
|• Density||5,400/km2 (14,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
As of 2011[update] India census, Kanuru had a population of 49006. Of which male population is 26,574 and female population is 22,432. The average literacy rate is 85.07% and 4,401 of the population is under 6 years of age.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "District Census Handbook – Krishna" (PDF). Census of India. p. 16–17,394. Retrieved 6 February 2016.
- "Elevation for Pedakurapadu". Veloroutes. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Reporter, Staff. "Vijayawada, 19 other contiguous areas notified as Metropolitan Area". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Welcome to Government Order Issue Register". goir.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.