Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu
Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu (transl. Eye lined and Pottu clad) is a 1999 Indian Malayalam-language drama film, written and directed by T. K. Rajeev Kumar, starring Manju Warrier, Thilakan, Biju Menon, Abbas and Kalabhavan Mani. The soundtrack was composed by M. G. Radhakrishnan while Sharreth composed the film score; Mohanlal had sung a song Kaithappoovin in the film. Manju Warrier received a National Film Award - Special Mention for her performance.
|Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu|
|Directed by||T. K. Rajeev Kumar|
|Produced by||Maniyanpilla Raju|
G. Suresh Kumar
|Written by||T. K. Rajeev Kumar|
|Music by||M. G. Radhakrishnan|
|Cinematography||Ravi K. Chandran|
|Edited by||A. Sreekar Prasad|
One Two One Creations
|Distributed by||Soorya Cine Arts|
A young woman named Bhadra (Manju Warrier) wants to take revenge against a landlord, Natesan (Thilakan), who had murdered her parents 15 years before. She acts as if she is interested in him, while seducing his son Uthaman (Biju Menon) making Natesan jealous. She falls in love with Moosakutty (Abbas), a bangle seller and fisherman whose father was also murdered by Natesan. Ultimately, the father and son kill each other and Bhadra marries Moosakutty.
- Manju Warrier as Veerabhadra / Gowri
- Abbas as Moosakutty
- Thilakan as Natesan Muthalali
- Biju Menon as Uthaman
- Kalabhavan Mani as Chindan
- Kaviyoor Renuka as Sarojini, Natesan Muthalali's wife and Uthaman's mother
- Siddique as Chandrappan
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Mulaku
- Ravi Vallathol as Chackochi
- Kunchan as Natesan's Helper
- Poojappura Ravi as Vaidyar
- Baby Krishna as childhood of Veerabhadra
- Kannur Sreelatha as Rosakutty
- Kanakalatha as Kanakam
- Bhagyashree as Gowri
- Poojappura Radha Krishnan
- Kuttyedathi Vilasini
- Kozhikode Sarada
- Bobby Kottarakkara
The songs were composed by M. G. Radhakrishnan for the lyrics of Kavalam Narayana Panicker. The film score was composed by Sharreth. Although Mohanlal has not acted in the film, he sang the song "Kaithappoovin" with K. S. Chithra.
|1.||"Chembazhukka Chembazhukka" (Version 1)||K. J. Yesudas, Kalabhavan Mani, Manju Warrier||3:26|
|2.||"Kaithappoovin"||Mohanlal, K. S. Chithra||4:03|
|3.||"Meenakkodikkaate"||K. S. Chithra||4:17|
|4.||"Chembazhukka Chembazhukka" (Version 2)||K. J. Yesudas, Kalabhavan Mani, Manju Warrier||3:26|
|5.||"Harichandana Malarile" (based on the ragam Devagandhari)||M. G. Sreekumar||4:38|
|6.||"Theithaaro Thaka"||Kalabhavan Mani||3:11|
|7.||"Kaithappoovin" (Female version)||K. S. Chithra||4:01|
|8.||"Poochakorumookuthi"||K. J. Yesudas, M. G. Sreekumar||5:19|
- Actor Mohanlal sang a song in this movie along with K. S. Chithra although he did not act in this movie.
- After this film Manju Warrier took a sabbatical to marry Dileep and start a family life.
- This is the first Malayalam movie done fully in Avid post-production design, edited in Media Composer, dubbed, re-recorded and mixed in Avid Audio Vision.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|