Kamu Grugier-Hill (born May 16, 1994) is an American Football linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Eastern Illinois, and was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round (208th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
|No. 54 – Philadelphia Eagles|
|Born:||May 16, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school:||Kamehameha Schools|
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 6 / Pick: 208|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 2, 2019|
Grugier-Hill played for the Eastern Illinois Panthers football team from 2012 to 2015. In his freshman year, he made his first start against UT Martin. In both 2014 and 2015, he earned First-team All OVC honors. Grugier-Hill reportedly became the first player ejected in the 2014 college football season when he punched a Minnesota lineman between the legs.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in
|4.45 s||1.52 s||2.53 s||4.20 s||6.89 s||38 1⁄2 in
|10 ft 9 in
|All values from Northwestern’s Pro Day|
New England PatriotsEdit
On May 5, 2016, the New England Patriots signed Grugier-Hill to a four-year, $2.44 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $100,356. On September 3, 2016, he was waived by the Patriots as part of final roster cuts.
On September 4, 2016, the Philadelphia Eagles claimed Grugier-Hill off waivers. He recorded his first career tackle and his only tackle of the 2016 season when he brought down Duke Johnson of the Cleveland Browns for a loss of six yards in Week 1 at Lincoln Financial Field. Because the tackle came on a fake punt, it was technically the only defensive snap which Grugier-Hill played in his rookie year.
On November 19, 2017, Grugier-Hill filled in on kickoffs for kicker Jake Elliott after Elliott suffered a concussion against the Dallas Cowboys. Grugier-Hill did not attempt a field goal or an extra point as the Eagles went for a two-point conversion after every touchdown. The Eagles went on to win the game 37-9. Grugier-Hill won his first Super Bowl ring when the Eagles defeated the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LII 41-33.
- Ford, Bob (September 6, 2017). "What makes Kamu Grugier-Hill of the Eagles so special?". Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- DelVecchio, Steve (August 29, 2014). "Kamu Grugier-Hill ejected for nut shot on Zac Epping (Video)". Larry Brown Sports. Retrieved November 21, 2017.
- "Kamu Grugier-Hill, DS #23 SS, Eastern Illinois". DraftScout.com. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Reiss, Mike (April 30, 2016). "Patriots pick Kamu Grugier-Hill in sixth round, highlight growing hybrid trend". ESPN.com.
- "Spotrac.com: Kamu Grugier-Hill contract". Spotrac.com. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "Patriots reach the 53-man roster limit". Patriots.com. September 3, 2016.
- "Eagles Claim Three Players Off Waivers". PhiladelphiaEagles.com.
- "Cleveland Browns at Philadelphia Eagles - September 11th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved November 20, 2017.
- "Eagles dethrone Tom Brady, Patriots for first Super Bowl title in stunner". USA TODAY. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Frank, Martin (October 11, 2018). "Eagles start strong against Giants, but lose another key defender in Sidney Jones". Delaware News Journal. DelawareOnline.com.