Kakao Games Corp. (Hangul: 카카오게임즈) is a South Korean video game publisher and a subsidiary of Kakao. It specializes in developing and publishing game on PC, mobile, and VR platforms. Each is represented by Namgoong Hoon and Cho Gye-hyun.
|Subsidiaries||Action Square (10.4%)|
Originally known as Daum Games before the acquisition of Daum, Kakao Games has expanded from game distribution solely in Korea. Now, Kakao Games distributes its games globally throughout North America, Europe, and other parts of Asia thanks in part to its social aspect with KakaoTalk. Kakao uses the game portal of Daum and social network of KakaoTalk to connect players within their games. Kakao Games will be in charge of publishing Path of Exile in the Korean region.
|Black Desert Online||Pearl Abyss||MMORPG||Active since July 14, 2015.|
|PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds||PUBG Corporation||Battle royale game||Publishing deal since August 2017|
|Lord of Dice||NGEL Games||RPG|
|Friends Racing||Kakao Games||RPG|
|Black Desert Online Mobile||Kakao Games||MMORPG|
- "Kakao Games acquires 10.4% stake in mobile game developer". Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- "Kakao's game business to merge into Kakao Games". The Korea Herald. August 17, 2017.
- "Kakao Games merger brings total registered users to 550 million". Pocket Gamer. November 2, 2017.
- "Kakao Games brings Lord of Dice to America and Oceania". keengamer.com. January 9, 2018.
- "Daum Games Rebrands to Kakao Games". Black-Desert. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
- "Kakao Games Launching Mobile RPG Lord of Dice in NA Later This Month". mmos.com. January 5, 2018.
- "Path of Exile is Coming to Korea!". pathofexile.com. Mar 19, 2019.
- Tebay, Andy (August 14, 2017). "Kakao signs contract with Bluehole to publish Korean version of PUBG". VentureSquare.com. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
|This Asian video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|