KL Metropolis is a 75.5-acre mixed development situated nearby the Kuala Lumpur Courts Complex in the suburb of Segambut, Kuala Lumpur. The word "KL" from its name is short for Kuala Lumpur. The development is a RM20 billion project that is envisioned to become the leading centre and district for international trade and exhibition of Kuala Lumpur, similar to the Tun Razak Exchange which on the other hand will become the city's financial district. It will consist a total gross floor of 22.8 million sq ft. KL Metropolis will integrate trade, commerce, living, and transport in one bustling hub located within the big city which will be built in stages over a duration of 20 years.
Future district of Kuala Lumpur
A Capital Masterpiece, A City Inspired By Vision
|Precinct||MET 1, MET 2, MET 3, MET 5, MET 6, MET 7, MET 8, MET 9, MITEC|
|Founded by||Naza TTDI (under Naza)|
|• Land||30.6 ha (75.5 acres)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (Malaysia Standard Time)|
The development will be divided into eight precincts - MET 1, MET 2, MET 3, MET 5, MET 6, MET 7, MET 8 and MET 9 together with MITEC, which was accordingly supposed to be the MET 4 precinct. Two of the precincts will be jointly developed with partners; MET 5 with Hap Seng Land Sdn Bhd while MET 8 with Triterra Metropolis Sdn Bhd. A proposed direct link road from the NKVE and DUKE Highway connecting Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah junction has also been planned for the development to ease traffic in the area along with a MRT3 station.
The development will also include a 5-acre urban park (Metropolis Park) under the government's Greener KL initiative, and it will be integrated to other precincts within the area via pedestrian walkaways. Naza TTDI Sdn Bhd will be managing the RM20 million park over 15 years. The park is planned to be constructed between the MITEC and MET 3.
Arte Mont KiaraEdit
Three towers comprising simplex, duplex suites and serviced residences on a 3.29-acre land, and was developed by Nusmetro Property Sdn Bhd under a joint-venture. The project was launched in 2015.
The Ministry of International Trade and Industry headquarters, commonly known as MITI Tower or Menara MITI, will be situated within the development.
The first component and flagship of the development is the Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC), which officially opened in August 2017.
A 5-acre urban park and recreational facilities. Among the facilities included will be a dry and wet playground, jogging park, kinetic fitness stations, therapeutic garden, terrace garden, sculpture park, picnic mound, nightscapes, event lawn, amphitheatre and dry fountain.
MET 1 – Somerset, Met Galleria, MET 1 ResidencesEdit
TTDI KL Metropolis Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Naza TTDI, is currently constructing MET 1 which will include office towers, serviced residences, Somerset KL Metropolis and Met Galleria, the first retail mall of the KL Metropolis development with 80,000 sq ft of retail on a 2-storey podium, which is expected to be completed by end of February 2022. The project was officially launched in 2017.
MET 2 – TBAEdit
Consist of strata offices with 4-star hotel.
MET 3 – TBAEdit
A proposed 2-million square feet lifestyle mall with the 100-storey NAZA Signature Tower, luxury condominium, 5-star hotel and office towers.
MET 5 – KL MidTownEdit
An 8.95-acre land currently under construction which will feature a retail podium mall, office towers, residential towers, Hyatt Regency hotel and serviced residential tower. (Partnership with Hap Seng Land Sdn Bhd)
MET 6 – The FiddlewoodzEdit
1.86-acre land currently under construction, featuring 2 blocks of serviced apartments with retail podium. It has been slated for completion by 2025. (Partnership with EXSIM Development Sdn Bhd)
MET 7 – TBAEdit
MET 8 – The MET Corporate TowersEdit
2.47-acre land consisting of a 42-storey Tower A and 30-storey Tower B currently under construction since 2018. Featuring two Grade A strata office towers. (Partnership with Triterra Metropolis Sdn Bhd)
MET 9 – TBAEdit
A 6-star luxury hotel.
The district will have connectivity to the proposed MRT Circle Line MATRADE Station in the future. The station is being planned as the developer is currently working with the Malaysian government to identify a site for the station.
- "Home". KL Metropolis. Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- "Naza TTDI's KL Metropolis Progresses with Several Joint Ventures established – Naza Group of Companies". Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- "KL Metropolis – NAZA TTDI". Naza TTDI. Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- B, Kathy (2019-04-05). "KL Metropolis poised to set new bar | New Straits Times". NST Online. Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- "KL MidTown". www.klmidtown.com.my. Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- "NAZA TTDI TO SPEND RM20 MILLION FOR THE ADOPTION OF METROPOLIS PARK AT KL METROPOLIS UNDER GREENER KL INITIATIVE – Naza Group of Companies". naza.com.my. Retrieved 2021-10-06.
- Adilla, Farah (2017-04-03). "Naza TTDI to spend RM20m for KL Metropolis' Greener KL initiative | New Straits Times". NST Online. Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- "KL Metropolis – NAZA TTDI". Retrieved 2021-10-06.
- "Naza TTDI establishes RM300m Sukuk Murabahah programme to accelerate KL Metropolis development". The Edge Markets. 2021-04-27. Retrieved 2021-09-18.
- "Mitec forms strategic alliance with Gicec | CEI News". Campaign Asia. Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- "Metropolis Park". KL Metropolis. Retrieved 2021-10-06.
- FARA, AISYAH. "Naza TTDI partners Ascott for serviced apartments". The Malaysian Reserve. Retrieved 2 October 2019.
- "Building a world-class metropolis for Kuala Lumpur". The Malaysian Reserve. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- Woo, Halie (2020-09-17). "KL Metropolis' MET 5 and MET 6 Get Bullish in 2020". Halie Real Estate. Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- "FIDDLEWOODZ KL Metropolis, Fiddlewoodz Mont Kiara". A Project By EXSIM Group, The Fiddlewoodz Mont Kiara KL Metropolis, Newly Launched Fiddlewoodz Residences 2021. Retrieved 2021-09-17.
- "The MET Corporate Towers - Metropolis". www.themet.com.my. Retrieved 2021-09-17.