K. S. Masthan
Gingee K. S. Masthan is an Indian Tamil politician and one of the Minister of Tamil Nadu from May 2021. He has been elected as a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) in 2016 on behalf of DMK in the Gingee assembly constituency which is a part of the Villupuram district. He was re-elected to the same legislative assembly in the 2021 Tamil Nadu assembly election. Following this, on 7 May 2021, he was appointed as a Minister of Minorities Welfare, Wakf Board, and Non Resident Tamil Welfare, Refugees & Evacuees. Non Resident Tamil Welfare, Refugees & Evacuees is an initiative by the M.K Stalin Cabinet Ministry. KS Mastan is also the District Secretary of Villupuram North with DMK.
|Minister of Minorities Welfare, Non Resident Tamils Welfare, Refugees & Evacuees and Wakf Board. Government of Tamilnadu|
|Assumed office |
7 May 2021
|Chief Minister||M. K. Stalin|
|MLA of Gingee|
|Preceded by||A. Ganeshkumar|
|Born||31 May 1955|
|Political party||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
Saidhani B Masthan
|Children||three daughters Maimunnisa, Jaibunnisa, Thaimunnisa and one son K. S. M. Mokthiyar Masthan|
He was born in Gingee on 31 May 1955, to Ghaza Basha and Julaika Bi, who were farmers. He completed his E.S.L.C schooling from Gingee Government High School School in 1972. He married Saidhani B Masthan in 1985 and has three daughters, Mimunnisa, Jai Munnisa, Thai Munnisa and one son K. S. M. Mokthiyar Masthan.
- His political career began in 1976 when he became involved in Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) political party while he was working as a Tea master in Gingee.
- In 1978, he became the secretary of the Gingee Perur Association.
- Member of the General Committee in 1980.
- Member of the Integrated Villupuram District Management Committee in 1992.
- A member of the State Executive Committee in 1996.
- The Chairman of the Integrated Villupuram District in 1999.
- Villupuram North District Secretary since 2014.
- President of the Gingee Municipality for consequently 5 terms From 1986 to 2016.
- President of the Gingee Milk Produces Cooperative Society in 1989.
- Cuddalore – Villupuram District Dairy Chief in 1996.
- Chairman of Gingee Agricultural Cooperative Bank in 1996.
- Member Legislative Assembly for Gingee from 2016,2021 Elections.
- 2021-Minister for Minority Welfare and Overseas Tamil Welfare.
- "Complete List of Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections 2016 Winners". News18. 19 May 2016. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- "List of Winners in Tamil Nadu 2016". www.myneta.info. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- "Tamil Nadu Assembly Election Results 2016". www.elections.in. Retrieved 28 September 2019.