Juvisy is a railway station in Juvisy-sur-Orge, Essonne, Île-de-France, France. The station was opened in 1840 and is on the Paris–Bordeaux railway, Villeneuve-Saint-Georges-Montargis railway and Grande Ceinture line, a freight railway around Paris. The station is served by Paris' express suburban rail system, the RER Line C and RER Line D. The train services are operated by SNCF. A TGV high-speed service also serves the station. During a survey in 2015, the station served 33,426,629 passengers in that year.
|Location||Juvisy-sur-Orge, Essonne, Île-de-France,|
|Line(s)||Paris–Bordeaux railway |
Grande Ceinture line
|Tracks||12 + Yards|
|Opened||20 September 1840|
From 2014 to 2019, the station received 97 million euros for restructuring works and to create an intermodal hub to facilitate transport changes in the station between the train lines and the 28 bus lines for their 70,000 travelers every day.
In 2018, according to SNCF estimates, the station's annual attendance was 41,423,348, placing it as the seventh station in France in terms of number of passengers, and the number one station in France outside of intramural Paris; it is notably ahead of the Paris-Est and Lyon-Part-Dieu stations.
The following services serve the station:
- High speed service (TGV) Lille–Aeroport CDG–Orleans–Limoges–Brive
- Local services (RER C) Saint-Martin d'Étampes–Juvisy–Paris–Issy–Versailles-Chantiers–Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
- Local services (RER C) Dourdan–Juvisy–Paris–Issy–Versailles-Chantiers–Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
- Local services (RER C) Dourdan–Juvisy–Paris–Ermont Eaubonne–Montigny
- Local services (RER C) Brétigny–Juvisy–Paris–Ermont Eaubonne–Montigny
- Local services (RER D) Corbeil-Essonnes–Évry–Juvisy–Villeneuve–Paris–Saint-Denis–Goussainville–Orry-la-Ville–Creil
- Local services (RER D) Juvisy–Évry–Corbeil–Essonnes–Boutigny–Malsherbes
- Local services (RER D) Juvisy–Évry–Corbeil-Essonnes–Melun
|Preceding station||SNCF||Following station|
toward Montigny – Beauchamp
- "Juvisy Station (Juvisy-sur-Orge, 1840)".
- "Gare de Juvisy Train Station".
- "La gare de Juvisy prépare sa mue". 8 March 2017. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "Grand Pôle Intermodal Juvisy 2020". www.gpi-juvisy.fr. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "La gare de Juvisy, première d'Île-de-France hors Paris, rénovée après cinq ans de travaux". www.francetvinfo.fr. 26 November 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2020.
- "Fréquentation en gares". ressources.data.sncf.com. Retrieved 25 July 2020..
- "SNCF – Horaire, Train, Info Trafic, Services et Groupe International".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gare de Juvisy.|
- Juvisy station at Transilien, the official website of SNCF (in French)
- Juvisy station at "Gares & Connexions", the official website of SNCF (in French)