Justin Badi Arama
Justin Badi Arama (born Maridi, 1964) is a South Sudanese Anglican bishop. He has been Bishop of the Diocese of Maridi since 2001, and was elected Archbishop and Primate of the Province of the Episcopal Church of South Sudan on 20 January 2018. His enthronement took place on 22 April 2018. He is married to Modi Joyce since 1984, and they have four children, two male and two female.
Justin Badi Arama
|Bishop of Maridi|
|Church||Province of the Episcopal Church of South Sudan|
by Joseph Marona
Early life and ecclesiastical careerEdit
He was confirmed in the Anglican faith at 16 years old, and his father at the occasion gave him three gifts, a Bible, a pen and a hoe. He was ordained an Anglican priest in 1995. He has served as cathedral dean, archdeacon and diocesan secretary, before being elected the second bishop of the Diocese of Maridi in 2001.
He was elected Archbishop and Primate of the Province of the Episcopal Church of South Sudan at the House of Bishops meeting at All Saints Cathedral, Juba, on 20 January 2018. He won narrowly the election against Abraham Yel Nhial, Bishop of the Diocese of Aweil, with 80 votes against 79, for a ten years term. The election was approved by the House of Bishops, with his enthronement taking place on 22 April 2018, at All Saints Cathedral, in Juba.
He was registered to attend GAFCON III, which took place in Jerusalem, from 17-22 June 2018, but wasn't able to get a visa. He did however attend G19, the additional conference that took place in Dubai, from 25 February to 1 March 2019, for those weren't able to come to the previous years meeting.
- The Episcopal Church Elects Bishop Justin Badi of Maridi as Primate of South Sudan, Paanluel Wel, 20 January 2018
- Bishop of Maridi elected to lead the Province of the Episcopal Church of South Sudan, Anglican Communion News Service, 22 January 2018
- Thy Kingdom Come: New Archbishop of South Sudan's decade-long focus on Lord's Prayer, Anglican Communion News Service, 23 April 2018
- GAFCON III largest pan-Anglican gathering since Toronto Congress of 1963, Anglican Ink, 20 June 2018
- Standing with the Suffering, GAFCON Official Website, 1 April 2019
|Anglican Communion titles|
Daniel Deng Bul
| Primate of the Episcopal Church of South Sudan
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|