Juris Šics (born 26 April 1983) is a Latvian luger. He competed in the 2006, 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympics, and won a silver medal in the men's doubles event in 2010 and two bronze medals in 2014, alongside his teammate and younger brother Andris Šics. The Šics brothers' three medals mean they have won more Olympic medals than any other Latvian sportsperson.
Šics in 2015
|Born||26 April 1983 (age 36)|
|Height||174 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||82 kg (181 lb)|
Šics won five medals at the FIL World Luge Championships with one silver (Mixed team: 2016) and four bronzes (Men's doubles: 2011, Mixed team: 2008, 2009, 2013). He also won 12 medals at the FIL European Luge Championships with two golds in 2008 and 2010, three silvers in 2014, 2016 and 2018, and seven bronzes in 2006, 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019. Šics' best individual European championship finish in the men's doubles event was second in 2018.
- Juris Šics. sports-reference.com
- Harder, Wolfgang (May 2014). "Now Latvia's most successful Olympians: Andris and Juris Sics" (PDF). FIL Magazine. Vol. 1 no. 51. Berchtesgaden, Germany: International Luge Federation. p. 8. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Juris Šics.|
- Juris Šics at the International Luge Federation
- Juris Sics at the International Olympic Committee
- Juris Šics at the Latvijas Olimpiskā Komiteja (in Latvian)
- List of European luge champions (eiskanal.com) at the Wayback Machine (archived 2008-03-25) (in German)
|This biographical article relating to luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to Latvian winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|