Julian Edward Metcalfe
|Born||14 December 1959|
|Occupation||Founder and CEO itsu|
|Known for||Founder of Pret a Manger|
Founder of itsu
Founder of Metcalfe's Food Company
Melanie Willson Faggionato
(m. 1992; div. 2005)
Brooke Douglass de Ocampo
Metcalfe is the grandson of Edward Dudley Metcalfe, MVO, MC, an officer in the British Indian Army and a close friend and equerry of Edward VIII. One of his great-grandfathers was George Curzon, 1st Marquess Curzon of Kedleston, a Governor-General of India, and a great-grandmother was the American heiress Mary Curzon, Baroness Curzon of Kedleston.
Metcalfe founded Pret a Manger, the popular sandwich shop with college friend Sinclair Beecham in 1986. In May 2018, Pret was bought for £1.5 billion, and Metcalfe's stake was valued at £75 million.
- Pender, Lesley; Sharpley, Richard (2005). The Management of Tourism. SAGE. p. 99. ISBN 0-7619-4022-7.
- Ruddick, Graham (21 September 2013). "Sunday Interview: Pret A Manger founder Julian Metcalfe". The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Times, The Sunday (12 May 2019). "Rich List 2019: profiles 553-599=, featuring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas". ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- Ziegler Philip (2004) "Metcalfe, Edward Dudley", Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Retrieved 24 March 2007 Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- "Pret A Manger Julian Metcalfe and Sinclair Beecham".
- "Metcalfes Popcorn tops Tyrrels in Trial The Grocer magazine". Retrieved 4 March 2013.
- "Kettle Foods acquires 74% of Metcalfe's to take full control". FoodBev Media. 1 September 2016. Retrieved 27 May 2020.
- "No. 60895". The London Gazette (Supplement). 14 June 2014. p. b14.