|Boston Red Sox – No. 85|
|Born: October 18, 1995|
Ockimey attended Saints John Neumann and Maria Goretti Catholic High School. In his freshman year, he had a .466 batting average with 15 runs scored and 25 runs batted in (RBIs), and was named The Philadelphia Inquirer's Southeastern Pennsylvania high school rookie of the year. He initially committed to attend the University of Arkansas, but changed his commitment to Indiana University Bloomington after Arkansas made personnel changes. As a senior, Ockimey batted .500 with 28 runs and 34 RBIs. The Boston Red Sox selected him in the fifth round, with the 164th overall selection, of the 2014 MLB draft. He signed with the Red Sox rather than attend college.
Ockimey struggled in his professional debut, batting .188 in 36 games with the Gulf Coast Red Sox of the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League. Playing for the Lowell Spinners of the Class A-Short Season New York-Penn League in 2015, he batted .266 in 56 games. Ockimey spent the 2016 season with the Greenville Drive of the Class A South Atlantic League where he posted a .226 batting average with 18 home runs and 62 RBIs. He began the 2017 season with the Salem Red Sox of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League, and was promoted to the Portland Sea Dogs of the Double-A Eastern League in August. He batted a combined .274 with 14 home runs and 74 RBIs along with a .799 OPS between both teams.
Ockimey returned to Portland for the start of the 2018 season. In 90 games with the Sea Dogs, he batted .254 with 15 home runs and 56 RBIs. On August 3, Ockimey was promoted to the Pawtucket Red Sox of the Triple-A International League, appearing in 27 games while batting .215 with five home runs and 15 RBIs.
Ockimey began the 2019 season with Pawtucket.
- "Baseball: N-G's Ockimey commits to Arkansas". Philadelphia Daily News. February 21, 2013. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- Rick O'Brien (September 25, 2013). "Baseball: Ockimey commits to Hoosiers". Philadelphia Daily News. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- "N-G's Ockimey a big-time slugger". philly-archives. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- Rick O'Brien (June 11, 2014). "Baseball: N-G's Ockimey to begin pro career". Philadelphia Daily News. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- Rick O'Brien (June 6, 2014). "Baseball: N-G's Ockimey picked by Red Sox". Philadelphia Daily News. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- Bailey-Wells, Peter (June 25, 2015). "This kid just loves to play ball". Lowell Sun. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- "Josh Ockimey, a Boston Red Sox prospect who's hit a 420-foot Fenway homer and has twin brother who's a 'monster' linebacker". masslive.com. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- "Josh Ockimey, Boston Red Sox power-hitting prospect, continues surge (Red Sox minor league roundup)". masslive.com. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- Smith, Christopher (April 7, 2017). "Josh Ockimey, Boston Red Sox prospect with power, homers for Salem; Travis Lakins K's 9 in scoreless start". masslive.com. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- McFarling, Aaron (June 18, 2017). "With baseball on the schedule, every day's a good day for Josh Ockimey of the Red Sox | Salem Red Sox". roanoke.com. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- Smith, Christopher (August 4, 2017). "Boston Red Sox power-hitting prospect Josh Ockimey promoted to Portland, bashes first Double-A homer". masslive.com. Retrieved August 2, 2018.
- "Josh Ockimey Stats, Highlights, Bio". MiLB.com. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- May 6. "Red Sox prospect Josh Ockimey 'has ridiculous raw power' - Portland Press Herald". Pressherald.com. Retrieved August 2, 2018.