Josh Hill (American football)
Josh Hill (born May 21, 1990) is an American football tight end for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Idaho State. He was signed by the Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2013.
|No. 89 – New Orleans Saints|
|Born:||May 21, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school:||Blackfoot (Blackfoot, Idaho)|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at PFR|
Hill became a restricted free agent during the 2016 offseason. On March 22, 2016, he signed an offer sheet to join the Chicago Bears. Three days later the Saints matched the Bears' offer sheet and re-signed Hill.
In Week 13 of the 2016 season against the Detroit Lions, Hill broke his fibula and was placed on injured reserve on December 9, 2016. He played in nine games with eight starts finishing the season with 15 receptions for 149 yards and a touchdown.
On December 31, 2018, Hill signed a three-year, $8.85 million contract extension with the Saints through the 2021 season.
- Former ISU TE Josh Hill makes New Orleans' Saints roster
- "New Orleans Saints Announce 2013 Rookie Free Agent Class". NewOrleansSaints.com. April 28, 2013. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- Triplett, Mike (July 28, 2015). "Josh Hill will play bigger role in Saints offense -- just not a 'Jimmy Graham' role". ESPN.com. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- Wesseling, Chris (March 22, 2016). "Chicago Bears sign Saints TE Josh Hill to offer sheet". NFL.com. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- Dragon, Tyler (March 25, 2016). "Saints sign Craig Robertson, match offer to Josh Hill". NFL.com. Retrieved March 26, 2016.
- Katzenstein, Josh (December 9, 2016). "New Orleans Saints place Josh Hill on injured reserve". NOLA.com.
- Triplett, Mike (December 31, 2018). "Saints sign TE Josh Hill to three-year, $8.85M extension". ESPN.com.