Jonathan Adams (British actor)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||14 February 1931|
|Died||13 June 2005 (aged 74)|
Adams, was born in Northampton acted in a number of roles in British TV and film, including the part of Adam the shepherd in the TV mini-series Jesus of Nazareth (1977), the part of the Reverend Quiverful in the BBC serial 'The Barchester Chronicles' (1982), in the TV serial 'The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes' he played Jonas Oldacre in 'The Norwood Builder' (1985), the part of Carter in the Miss Marple episode Nemesis (1987), and the part of Professor Marriott in Yes, Prime Minister. His film career included appearances in British comedies such as Eskimo Nell (1975), Three for All (1975), It Could Happen to You (1975), Adventures of a Private Eye (1977) and Adventures of a Plumber's Mate (1978).
He acted as the Narrator in the original London production of The Rocky Horror Show, and is featured on the original cast soundtrack but is also famous for portraying the part of Dr. Everett Von Scott in the 1975 film version of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- The Assassination Bureau (1969) - French President (uncredited)
- Eskimo Nell (1975) - Lord Coltwind
- Three for All (1975) - Dr. Sparks
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) - Dr. Everett V. Scott - A Rival Scientist
- It Could Happen to You (1975) - Henry VIII
- Adventures of a Private Eye (1977) - Inspector Hogg
- Jesus of Nazareth (1977) - Adam
- Adventures of a Plumber's Mate (1978) - Rent Collector
- Revolution (1985) - Chaplain
- Two Evil Eyes (1990) - Hammer (segment "The Facts in the Case of Mr. Valdemar")