A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jon Redwine (born Oak Cliff, Texas) is an American hip hop, R&B, and pop music producer. Active since 2006, he's worked with musicians such as Tinashe, Chris Brown, Bobby Brackins, G-eazy, Zendaya, REDi, Waka Flocka Flame, Mario, Ludacris, Tabi Bonney, Christina Milian, Jeremih, Colette Carr, MKTO, Jake Miller
|Also known as||Redwine|
Oak Cliff, Texas, United States
|Origin||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, R&B|
|Occupation(s)||Music producer, composer, instrumentalist|
|Instruments||Guitar, tuba, piano, bass, percussion|
|Associated acts||Nickelback, Barney, Shaggy, 2 Chainz, Ray Charles, REDi, Waka Flocka Flame|
Early life, educationEdit
Born in the late 1980s, Jon Redwine was raised by his parents in Oak Cliff, Texas. He came from a musical background, as the great nephew of Don Albert and early on listened to musicians such as Marvin Gaye, Donny Hathaway, Jimmy Scott, and Duke Ellington. He later began listening to bands such as Confunkshun and Kanye West. He first started taking music seriously at age 13 as a DJ.
Redwine attended the University of St. Thomas in Saint Paul, Minnesota from 2004 to 2008 on a full academic scholarship, where he earned a bachelors in electronic music production and business entrepreneurship. He also attended the University of Minnesota during the same time period where he gained membership into Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity. He started writing earnestly again as a sophomore in college, after deciding to focus on the interest he took most personally.
Redwine became CFO, owner, and founder of Ten|82 in 2006, while still attending college. He's also been a composer for Redwine Entertainment since 2007, and co-founded the production team 2085, which consists of Redwine and the songwriter singer Robby Blackwell, also from Oak Cliff, Texas. After graduation Redwine moved to Los Angeles with no funding, and soon started operating a production studio in Santa Monica.
His songwriting and production work covers multiple genres. Redwine was classically trained in college, and both scores for orchestra and can play all instruments based on the western scale. His work is typically based on live instruments with a heavy focus on synths and guitars.
Starting in January 2012, he worked as a producer for Warner Music Group, and has also done production for Sony Music Entertainment, Def Jam and Disney. Artist contributions include Mario, Tabi Bonney and Loick Essien, He regularly worked with singer-songwriter and fellow Texan Robby Blackwell, and composed and produced several tracks on the album Fresh by rapper Tabi Bonney in 2010. Other projects include Sabi on Warner Brothers, Colette Carr on Cherry Tree/Interscope, and Cassie Ventura.
Redwine became a founding member of REDi (pronounced red-eye) in 2012 in Los Angeles. The urban pop ensemble includes Redwine, Robby Blackwell, and rapper Aundrus Poole. The members met as collaborators with Redwine, and according to Blackwell: "We were all working with Redwine and respected each other's music...so it just made sense for us to further our collaborations with a group."
The group made their debut performance in March 2012 at SXSW in Austin, Texas,. where they performed after groups such as Dawn Richard and 9th Wonder. They released their debut single "Light the Club" in May 2012, and their debut mixtape, Red Pill, was released in November 2012. It was produced by Redwine.
- Use to Love by Mario (Unreleased Album)
- 2012: Red Pill with REDi
- 2012: Visitor Mixtape by V. Bozeman – production
- 2012: Triple F Life by Waka Flocka Flame – production
- 2013: Rockabyebaby mixtape by Cassie Ventura – Worked vocally on production
- 2010 "just dance LADY GAGA ft (Akon)
- 2010: ""Fever" from ''Fresh by Tabi Bonney ft Raheem Devaguhn
- 2010: "The Come Up" from ''Fresh by Tabi Bonney
- 2010: "Nuthin but a Hero" from ''Fresh by Tabi Bonney
- 2012: "Candy Paint and Gold Teeth" by Waka Flocka ft Ludacris and BunB
- 2012: "Light the Club" with REDi
- 2012: "Poison" by Veronika Bozeman
- 2012: "Time to get sexy" by Veronika Bozeman
- 2012: "Feelin on your booty" by Veronika Bozeman
- 2012: "Knockin the Boots" by Veronika Bozeman
- 2013: "Ham" by Colette Carr
- 2014: "2on" by Tinashe ft School Boy Q
- 2014: "Jersey" by Bella Thorne
- 2014: "Hot Box" by Bobby Brackins ft G-Eazy and Mila J
- 2014: "Came to Do" by Chris Brown ft Akon
- 2015: "Post to Be" performed by Omarion, Chris Brown, and Jhené Aiko
- 2015: "Tumbao" by Kat Dahlia,
- 2015: "Ain't Bout To Do" by Diggy Simmons ft French Montana
- 2015: "My Jam" by Bobby Brackins ft Jeremih and Zendaya,
- 2015: "Selfish Girls" by Jake Miller
- 2015: "Blood on My Hands" by Chris Brown,
- 2016: "Lost My Way" by Max Schneider 
- 2016: "Hands Off My Heart/Places You Go" by MKTO 
- 2016: "Bang Bang" by Tabi Bonney ft Wiz Khalifa
- "Prophet Group Worldwide Launches Hot, New Urban Pop Group REDi". HipHopOnDeck.com. April 27, 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Young Artists Spotlight". PerfectLyricTrueArtist. November 3, 2009. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "Part II of my interview with: Jon Redwine of 2085 Productions". PerfectLyricTrueArtist. November 4, 2009. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- Milner, Iman. "Jon Redwine & Robby Blackwell". Edge Magazine. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Jon Redwine". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- Rodrigo, Jerry (May 14, 2012). "FKN Exclusive – REDi". Fkn Famous. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
- Arcenal, Mark (March 8, 2012). "KORG Announces Their SXSW Showcase | Fatlace™ Since 1999". Fatlace.com. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- Featured Events " (March 14, 2012). "SXSW Week featuring FUSE/FREQUENCY – KORG Showcase & Musicians Clinic " FUSICOLOGY – Events, News, Music & Media". Fusicology.com. Retrieved 2012-05-06.
- "Video: REDi "Light the Club"". The Blueprint Magazine. May 9, 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-12.
|last1=in Authors list (help)[dead link]
- Grant, Kyle (November 9, 2012). "On The Rise: REDi Drops 'Red Pill' Mixtape". IamJasonLee. Retrieved 2013-02-12.