Jon Ramon Aboitiz
Jon Ramon Melendez Aboitiz (April 26, 1948 – November 30, 2018) was a Spanish Filipino businessman, and president of the Aboitiz & Company Inc. (ACO) and Aboitiz Equity Ventures (AEV), part of the Aboitiz Group.
Born on April 26, 1948, he was the son of Eduardo J. Aboitiz and Francisca M. Melendez. His grandfather was Don Ramon Aboitiz, son of Paulino Aboitiz, founder of the Aboitiz Group in the late 1800s.
He started with the Aboitiz Group in 1970 after graduating from the University of Santa Clara, California with a B.S. Commerce degree, major in management. From Manager, he became President of Aboitiz Shipping Corporation in 1976. From 1991 until 2008, he was President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Aboitiz & Company. He was President of Aboitiz Equity Ventures (AEV) from 1994 until 2008. Afterwards, he became its Chairman until the time of his death.
He held various positions in the Aboitiz Group, including Chairman and CEO of Davao Light & Power Co., Inc.; Chairman of Visayan Electric Company (VECO) and Aboitiz Jebsen Bulk Transport Corporation; Vice Chairman of Aboitiz Power Corporation (APC) and Union Bank of the Philippines; and Director of International Container Terminal Services, Inc. (ICTS), Bloombury Resorts Corporation, Hapag-Lloyd Philippines, Cotabato Ice Plant Inc. and Bukidnon Hydropower Corporation.
Aboitiz also served as Chairman and President of the Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI); a Trustee of the Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (AFI) and the Association of Foundations (AF); and was a member of the Board of Advisors of the Washington SyCip Policy Forum, now the AIM Policy Center (APC), at the Asian Institute of Management.
- "Philippines, Manila, Civil Registration, 1899-1984," database with images, FamilySearch(https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKJP-91PR : 26 May 2016), Jon Ramon Aboitiz, 26 Apr 1948; citing Birth, Manila, Metropolitan Manila, Philippines, Civil Registry Office, City Hall of Manila; FHL microfilm 1,504,340.
- "About Us". Aboitiz Group. Retrieved 6 March 2011.
- Camus, Miguel R. "Jon Aboitiz, industry titan, storyteller, dies at 70". business.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- Nicolas, Jino. "AEV chairman Jon Ramon Aboitiz passes away | BusinessWorld". Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- "Jon Ramon Aboitiz dies at 70". Entrepreneur.com.ph. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- "Aboitiz | Aboitiz & Company". aboitiz.com. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- "Aboitiz Jebsen Bulk Transport Corporation: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- Boelsmand, Henrik H. "RAFI - Annual Report 2017". rafi.org.ph. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- Rivas, Ralf. "Jon Ramon Aboitiz dies at 70". Rappler. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- "Friends, family bid goodbye to the late Jon Ramon Aboitiz". cebudailynews.inquirer.net. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- "Shipping magnate Jon Ramon Aboitiz passes away at 70". The Manila Times Online. 2018-11-30. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Business tycoon Jon Ramon Aboitiz passes away". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2019-03-06.
- "Tycoon Jon Ramon Aboitiz, AEV chair, passes away". Manila Bulletin News. Retrieved 2019-03-06.