|Born||18 December 1924|
|Died||26 December 1979 (aged 55)|
Savidge represented England at the 1954 British Empire and Commonwealth Games and won the shot put title with a games record mark of 16.77 m (55 ft 0 in). He was England's first ever champion in the event. He also competed at the European Athletics Championships for Great Britain in 1950 and 1954.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "John Savidge". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 December 2012. Retrieved 10 May 2012. Invalid
- Commonwealth Games medalists - Men. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2015-01-25.
- "Athletes and results". Commonwealth Games Federation.
- "1954 Athletes". Team England.
- BRITISH ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIPS 1945-1959. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2015-01-25.
|This biographical article relating to British athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|