John Michels (guard)
John Joseph Michels (February 15, 1931 – January 10, 2019) was an American football offensive lineman who played for the University of Tennessee (1950–1952) and in the National Football League (1953). In 1952, he was a consensus first-team All-American. In 1996, Michels was enshrined in the College Football Hall of Fame. He is best known for coaching the offensive line of the Minnesota Vikings every year from 1967-1993 with the exception of 1984 when he coached the running backs.
- 1959-1966 Winnipeg Blue Bombers (OL)
- 1967-1983 Minnesota Vikings (OL)
- 1984 Minnesota Vikings (RB)
- 1985-1993 Minnesota Vikings (OL)
|Born:||February 15, 1931|
|Died:||January 10, 2019(aged 87)|
|NFL draft||1953 / Round: 25 / Pick 297|
- "Former UT Vols All-American, longtime Vikings assistant John Michels dies at age 87". Knoxville News Sentinel.
|This biographical article relating to a college football player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|