Joseph "Joe" McKeehen (born June 28, 1991) is an American professional poker player and mind sports player from North Wales, Pennsylvania. In 2015 he won the World Series of Poker Main Event, earning $7,683,346.
|Joseph "Joe" McKeehen|
McKeehen at the 2015 WSOP
|Residence||North Wales, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Born||June 28, 1991|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
He played poker online while being underaged until he could start playing live tournaments at the age of 18.
His first poker title came in 2012, when he won a side event at the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure for $116,230. In March 2013 he won the WSOP Circuit event in Atlantic City, New Jersey, earning $174,147. That year he cashed in the WSOP Main Event for the first time, finishing in 489th place. Prior to the 2015 Main Event, McKeehen's largest cash came for a 2nd-place finish in the Monster Stack event at the 2014 World Series of Poker, where he earned $820,863.
At the 2015 WSOP Main Event, McKeehen made the November Nine with the chip lead and nearly a third of the chips in play. Throughout the final table, he never relinquished the chip lead and defeated Josh Beckley heads-up with against $7.683 million.
In April 2016, McKeehen appeared on an episode of season 4 of Poker Night in America, on CBS Sports.
In July 2016, he finished 6th in WSOP $111,111 No Limit Hold'em High Roller for One Drop for $829,792. McKeehen captured his second WSOP bracelet in 2017, winning the $10,000 Limit Hold'em World Championship.
World Series of Poker braceletsEdit
|2015||$10,000 No Limit Hold'em Main Event||$7,683,346|
|2017||$10,000 Limit Hold'em Championship||$311,817|
|2020 O||$3,200 No Limit Hold'em High Roller||$352,985|
An "O" following a year denotes bracelet(s) won during the World Series of Poker Online
- Parks, Jessica (November 11, 2015). "Mystery works for Montco poker champ". Philadelphia Inquirer. Philadelphia Media Network. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- "Montco's McKeehen outlasts N.J.'s Beckley to win World Series of Poker". Philly.com. Philadelphia Media Network. November 10, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Smith, Dan (July 8, 2011). "How to be a champion at Risk". Wired Magazine. Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- "Joe McKeehen's Life: Biggest Profits, Losses and Net Worth". Somuchpoker. July 15, 2020. Retrieved September 21, 2020.
- Peters, Donnie (November 11, 2015). "Stats from the Conclusion of the 2015 World Series of Poker Main Event Final Table". PokerNews.com. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- Hendon Mob profile
- WSOP.com profile; accessed November 18, 2015.